New Fairphone.com now live! Share your feedback

Was fairphone.zendesk.com vulnerable to CloudBleed?
http://www.doesitusecloudflare.com/?url=zendesk.com suggests that Zendesk uses Cloudflare.

I’m not sure if this question should be a separate topic, but here is the point of view from Fairphone IT:

Zendesk has published an Security Advisory that says they where not impacted by the leak (Fairphone did not put it’s own website behind cloudflare, nor it’s zendesk site).

So for now it seems that for Zendesk, the forum and the Fairphone site there is no impact as it does not use cloudflare.

As for other services and steps you can take please refer to the documentation below. If you find sites in this list you should assess the risks and consider rotating your credentials and passwords.

4 Likes

The use of the German word “Batterie” for a rechargeable battery is wrong in German. I would strongly suggest to label the FP1 battery and the FP2 battery as an “FP1 Akku” and an “FP2 Akku” in the German version of the Fairphone shop instead. This also applies to the 2nd line, it should read “Der Boost für deinen Akku”.

6 Likes

This is still not fixed (and I still get lead to the wrong topics). Is there a timeline for when anyone will work on the forum CSS again?

I find the homepage difficult to navigate - maybe also related to me typically watching it at a 13’’ laptop screen.

Let’s say I want an overview of:

• achievements
  • failed or postponed projects

It is rather intuitive to go from the start page via link “Story” to url Our goals | Fairphone
But - why did the “story” link lead to a url “our-goals”?

Now I find 3 links “Our Goals”, “How we work”, “Blog”.
But - why is there a link to “our goals” when I am already on a page called “our goals”?

Anyway, “our goals” sounds future-focussed, “how we work” sounds like company principles and blog is blog. Were to check for an overview of historic milestones? Hm…maybe they are linked somewhere at a lower position on the same page, let’s scroll down.
Okay, I find icons like “Fair materials”. Cannot click on them. Just below the descriptive text of the icons again, this time click-able.

And so on…big pictures which take away a lot of screen size but no explanation what they are showing. Links whose linking feature is not obvious but detected but meticulously hovering the mouse over every single item on the page…and my favourite target: the sold Fairphone counter which almost never changes :slight_smile:

In general too much stuff where function follows form - while it should be the other way round. I’d want a homepage which simply presents well organized/categorized information. In its current state it is pretty - but in my eyes too much ‘fancy-ness’ can even impact credibility.

I experience the homepage in the current state as a place where you really have to WANT to find the information you are looking for. And I think it could be presented easier.

4 Likes

“Our Goals”, “How we work” and “Blog” are like tabs and together they make up the “story” page. The the that’s open is bold.

I think it’s quite clear to check the blog if you are looking for past events, since that’s exactly what a blog shows.

PS: I moved our posts here as I think that’s where they fit better.

1 Like

Thanks for pointing that out - that was something I actually had missed so far - simply never noticed that the name of one of the sub sections was highlighted. And therefore did not understand that selecting “Story” displayed a preselected tab.

Not so sure whether that is clear to everybody. At least the way Fairphone use their blog is not according to my expectations regarding blogs. But that might well be related to me having little experience with blog-orientated web sites - typically I consume wikis, news pages and forums.

I think a blog serves two purposes:

• dedicated spot for finding latest information published by the blogger
  • archiving previous blogs (usually unmodified, which eases citing by third parties. As an example it took me a while to realize that the fairphone-2-production-delivery-countdown/ was updated, because I only saw the initial date in the blog overview and did not expect the particular blog message to be updated.)

Under these assumptions however a blog would just be a time-oriented ordering of latest news - which sounds tedious for finding specific information. One feature however at the Fairphone blog that helps (and I only detected that feature now) is the categorizing of blog entries (“All”, “News”, “Product”…“Long lasting design” brought me pretty intuitively to the KitKat blog entry).

But what is even better than that grouping is what Fairphone do here by the time line: Fairphone | The phone that cares for people and planet - however, here the link to the KitKat blog entry would be expected by me but is not there.

Hm…still think that one pretty much has to know his ways around the Fairphone pages. There could be more keywords (would really everybody conclude to search for software-related issues under the “Long lasting design”?), more short story entries linking to longer blog entries. And maybe even a little help how to use the pages - after all Fairphone seemed to think that walking visitors around was a good idea by writing the blog entry linked in the opener of this thread.

2 Likes

I absolutely agree. The website seems to be built for people who already know what they can find (they just need to find the right place of the information). If you’re looking for information because you don’t know the phone yet (so, you also don’t know what information you might find), you will miss a lot of information if you accidentally end up in the “wrong” section…

2 Likes

I noticed the whole website including the Support section looks generally revamped (“zendesk” has disappeared from the URL as well). While I guess you are still working on it, let me suggest keeping the step-by-step tutorials and also keeping them easily findable. Apart from offering easy visual help, they also provided a lot of German language help for those who don’t feel that well-versed in English.

P.S.: I think I overstated the “revamp” when apart from the Support section there’s just a different main photo on the start page :angel:

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Troubleshooting Tool Trial - Community Feedback needed

Hi,

I don’t know if you saw this little error

If you don’t close the welcome message, it will overlap with the title and the main menu, so I think with a z-index: 0 on #banner could work.

P.D.: I just realize the title logo it’s too big on mobile devices, so the login buttons are coming out (or maybe it’s just me)

All the best,

Juan

I think that the welcome banner is to be read and eventually clicked away. :wink: What keeps you from closing it?

Does anyone have a few minutes free to help us learn more about how you guys use the website?
I’m trying to evaluate a new mobile navigation we’re implementing to make the support section easier to access.
:smiley: Thanks

Akshay

1 Like

Haven’t tried mobile yet, but I did run into another issue whilst on desktop: search from the main support page (https://support.fairphone.com/hc/en-us/) is semi-broken. Typing something (e.g. tantalum) into the search bar shows some suggestions (as expected), but clicking the blue “view more results” button gives me a 403 response (not expected).

Edit: mistyped the error, should be 403 - Forbidden.

1 Like

I’ve emailed support about the disappearance of the tutorials by now (ten days ago), but no feedback yet. Has anyone heard anything?

1 Like

The red area leads to the link below, although it’s above the grey line.

Still happening, and can easily be solved by removing the padding from the CSS:

.topic-list .main-link a.title {
    padding: 15px 0;
    word-break: break-word;
}

Edit: Or set it to 9px 0 to preserve UX on touch devices.

I found an error on https://shop.fairphone.com/en/ underneath the “Technical Specifications” section.

This is actually the chipset of the FP1 :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I can’t order anything because instead of the screen where I can select a shipping method I see this:

I just checked and this problem does not occur for me (settings: German / Germany).

1 Like