[ORDERS CLOSED} New Fairphone Bottom module with USB-C port for Fairphone 2

Wait, does that mean that there already has been one batch? Did I completely miss that?

1 Like

Depends on what you can call a batch. I always make at least 10 and gave them away if they worked somewhat fine.

3 Likes

Wait so there have been 10 bottom modules and I didn’t get the chance to buy one? :frowning:

cries in corner

5 Likes

More like 2x 10-15, though I kept a few to myself.

3 Likes

I just scrolled up the topic and I didn’t find any post regarding that you actually made a batch. Did you announce that somewhere else? I just want to make sure that I can get one the next time you’re making some

1 Like

Sorry, I am just terrible at keeping the threads separate, next time I’ll announce it here, too.

6 Likes

Angels and Gods, the demands on you are not going away soon, you’d better buckle up and hope the sea calms. Of course you could degrade to a Basic user and opt out of the responsibility. ~ at least for the summer :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh wow, there really seems to be a lot of demand, if you are patient, then I can make a list with preorders and buy the exact amount needed, I will probably hand solder to save cost. It will still be a lot of effort, but it will be worth it. There’s no way I am giving up after seeing the impact my work had.

7 Likes

I am happy to pay you an extra 20% for your effort!

1 Like

You may not get a sainthood or be blessed by the pope but you are certainly a work of art ~ take care.

1 Like

The reason why I am waiting a bit is not money, remember I started this to solve a problem and not to make money, it is the effort and time associated with a project like this, in about a month I will have lots of time, then we’ll see.

3 Likes

I know, but I remember that you once said that you don’t really make a profit out of it and I think that you deserve to do so.

1 Like

Now that the initial cost of development has been slowly paid off, I am making a bit of profit, but still it isn’t my main motivation for this project.

5 Likes

Whether payment includes a profit or not the more important factor is appreciation by paying a fair price and maybe also the notion that you want to encourage such work. Hmm! ???

2 Likes

Yes, I want other people to also start project like this and will always help if needed, also if someone wants the files, I will send them.

5 Likes

@Leo_TheCrafter : Thank you so much for your effort. I am also very interested in one of your bottom modules. So you can put me on your list ;-).

2 Likes

TW2 :honeybee:E - that was to be expected.

That’s what you get making “MIPs” - most important parts.
I assume the shortage on semiconductor/electronic parts does not impact this project too much, but probably prices have risen significant meanwhile.

1 Like

@Leo_TheCrafter I am interested as well to get a bottom module - or two. Thanks for putting me on the waiting list.

1 Like

Would be great if I could be added to a waiting list too. Thanks @Leo_TheCrafter

1 Like

Hey @Leo_TheCrafter, thank you for the great idea and effort!

I also need a new Bottom module because the mic don’t work anymore. Can you put me on your list, too? Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like