National Roaming

I have the same Problem with my Provider yesss. When will be this issue solved by Fairphone Support??

It turns out that this issue has been around in Android since 2009, and it appears to have been marked as wonā€™t fix in upstream Android for versions < Android 7 (e.g.: later issue). Iā€™m not sure whether bob national roaming ended up being fixed for Fairphone OS after @Subhash and @Peter reported it and whether anything changed in Android 6.
If it is/was fixed, Iā€™d suggest letting Fairphone support know that youā€™re having issues, as theyā€™re not necessarily aware that yesss is also problematic

No, bob is not fixed for FP Open OS 6. It is still wrong reporting roaming. I have resigned in spite of thinking that it is not fair to sell a phone like this.

Unfortunately each plain (stock) Android (except Nougat and above) seems to have this issue.

Fairphone would have to change that on their own in order to solve this, but I doubt they would get further permission from Google to distribute their OS afterwards. :wink:

However, there are plenty of solutions available in the net that can be applied to rooted devicesā€¦

@Subhash , I just read you are on Open OS. Maybe you would like to give Lineage OS a try. :slight_smile:

As far as I was told, it could not be a difficult problem. There is a file listing all the sub-providers. An entry would do it. (This I was told by the FP support. It is months ago.)

I do not think that I want to reconfigure my phone so Linage OS has no good cards as far as Iā€™m concerned.

This topic was automatically closed 174 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.