My phone booted into TeamWin this morning. What the ...?

I found my phone with battery drained this morning. I plugged it in waited some time, unplugged (due to recent bug, phone wouldn’t boot plugged in) and tried to start the phone. Instead of seeing FP booting I got into TeamWin Recovery Project. I tried to click “Reboot” button in there, but it sais “No OS Installed! Are you sure you wish to power off?”. I didn’t do anything with updates, recovery or any of that in weeks. I never tried Flashing or anything. This “just happened”.

Any help is appreciated as I’m leaving for vacation this weekend and I need to communicate =(

1 Like

Ok. Let’s call it a morning panic attack. I had only option to reboot and it started normally (was afraid I’d brick the phone, but had no other chance). For me and for others… I’d still like to know, how did that happen?

1 Like

TWRP is the phone’s #dic:recovery.
You probably accidentally pressed the Vol+ button while booting.
If it happens regularly there might be an issue with the button or the system, but let’s worry about that if it happens.

2 Likes

TWRP is the recovery program which comes with Fairphone Open OS and since Android 7 also with Fairphone OS.

If you are curious, here’s a guide (different device, but TWRP works the same).

Normally you would get into recovery by keeping Volume + pressed while starting or rebooting the phone.
So a simple reason would be that this button was accidentally pressed or temporarily stuck.

That this message can be a false alarm by TWRP has been observed by users here occasionally.
I have no idea why it happens, sorry.

(A PC or notebook may occasionally not find its usual boot device for obscure reasons and cause similar concern before just booting normally after a reset or after turning off and on again … I don’t know how that works with smartphone boot procedures … but computer devices in general can be peculiar sometimes :slight_smile: .)

2 Likes

I’ve seen the same a couple of times. Pretty sure vol wasn’t pressed. Seems to happen when battery is very flat.

2 Likes

Likewise, though not necessarily with a flat battery. Freaked me out the first time. I didn’t want to risk rebooting so just took the battery out. Seems to work… :confused:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.