My FP3 completely died yesterday

hi !
I’m currently trying to follow the “Fairphone 3 unbricking guide” and it is taking me a while to figure out how to follow it

2 Likes

looks hairy! Best of luck with that, i’ll help in any way i can :slight_smile:

1 Like

thank you !! I’ll be posting updates on any progress

3 Likes

The most important item of equipment is definitely the cup of coffee. :coffee: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

More seriously, if you’re on to that, things are looking up! I take it the phone can now be switched on, even if it needs unbricking ?? :+1:

1 Like

UPDATE ! … maybe this is some good news, or maybe it is bad. Pics below. Anyway, I started following some of the steps from the FP3 unbricking guide, and decided to try using the resistor on the points labelled in the picture, L and K on the fairphone 3 board. I followed the directions and for the FIRST TIME my computer finally recognized that there is a device connected through usb, which is the board of my fairphone 3. This is exciting, i thought the board might now be able to get any power. So next, I have to research how to access the phone files if that is even possible. Some users on different online forums are saying this is an indication the phone is in EDL mode, so my files might be lost. Unsure yet, but I am happy to see that the board is at least getting power.

connecting the fairphone3 board through usb to laptop

hooray! Windows finally sees the fairphone 3, but is calling it “QUSB_BULK”

8 Likes

Another Forum epic (whatever the result) in the writing …
Good luck !
:+1:

3 Likes

Searching for ‘QUSB_BULK’ i found threads on other devices pointing to mmc corruption. Check it out, here an example: [FIX] Pixel 3 QUSB_BULK_CID:xxxx_SN:xxxxxxxx | Page 2 | XDA Forums.

If that is the correct symptom, the phone would be stuck because the bootloader does not find an OS to launch.

Good luck!

2 Likes

Even if I can understand your disappointment, please stop flooding the forum with the same comments all over.

And by the way, the bottom module is back on shelf. So your ‘fraud’ falls together like a tower of cards.

1 Like

If you check the forum, why keeps the problem still exist for more than a year? the problem is know but the still happen. How can a phone be durable if everybody has to change and trow a way the same module?

the sales arguments seem misleading, but if it is not fraud it sounds like deception

We will see

it is not because the module is back in stock again the problem is sovled
Some people have change the module more then once an very divcie keep having problems

And I have reject al this post, the last one now .

Sorry to use the word ‘fraude’ but the whole idea of repair falls down if the part aren’t avaible for months

Sorry, you still don’t understand and mix up completely different things. Sometimes you are talking about charging problems, then sudden death of the FP3, which has nothing to do with the bottom module,

At least the USB-C port is changeable by the user, for nearly all other Smartphones on the market, is isn’t so the all common problem of a non functional charging port has to be solved by finding someone who can solder a matching one in the mainboard.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.