My FP2: 6 years and counting

I’ll try this as soon as I can (I must first extract data from one of my apps that is currently not working… :woozy_face:). I’ll let you know.

1 Like

Six years for me too :hugs: What an incredible product!

7 Likes

Six years and a couple of months now for my FP2.
Since update to Android 9, slightly less happy than earlier:

but nothing too serious.
Bought a new battery just recently, but haven’t replaced the original one yet:

8 Likes

6 years for me as well now. Still happy. The housing has some damages at the edges by now, that’s all. Looking forward to the 7th year.

6 Likes

Almost forgot about that: My FP2 has arrived sometime in begin or mid of December 2016 and has been with me since then on most of my ways.
The housing has the obligatory broken edges, it’s running on the third battery, second display (the first one developed irresponsive lines…) and the first bottom module. It has seen almost all versions of FPOS with a longer break in between when we were at Lineage OS. Lately I got some more spontaneous reboots unfortunately, but maybe there’s still something I can do with disassembling, cleaning and assembling back together. I’m looking forward to the FP5 as this might be realistic to reach until there without too many headaches about the specifics of an old phone :wink:

8 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: My FP2: 5 years and counting

I think I have owned my FP2 since March 2012, so am getting closer and closer to the six-year mark… I have been through one factory reset (last year, due to the December 2021 Cataclysm - see FP2 reboots and home screen issues), and I replaced the camera module a few years ago. A few weeks ago the phone became unstable again, so I might need to go for another reset (sigh) and/or update the OS (which I haven’t done for a while). Eventually I may decide to buy a new phone, but I’d like to see if I can rescue my FP2 once more! So far, it’s been a good FP experience - and this forum is an amazing source of knowledge :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Seems you are getting closer to a 10 year mark :wink:

2 Likes

First released in December 2015,

So March 2016 would be nearly 7 years :slight_smile: and March 2017 near 6 years

1 Like

Just for the record: Nope, that didn’t help. I have taken it completely apart (in terms of modules) and cleaned all the contacts, also on the backside of the display. But it keeps rebooting from time to time (which however solves the issue with mobile data not working), mainly when using it, but also sometimes just when lying around.

I got my Fairphone 2 six years ago. It’s still working fine as my backup phone, it’s running /e/OS for that now. I don’t recall any major trouble with it.

3 Likes

I’ve had my FP2 for six years and it’s been my backup phone for a year.

5 Likes

Update: Since LOS 17.1 was the last one for FP2, I switched to /e/OS which brings at least a basis of LOS 18 to my old hardware.
Works painless for more than 1/2 year now.

4 Likes

It wasn’t, it’s 18.1 currently :wink:

https://download.lineageos.org/devices/FP2/builds

3 Likes

Thanks for pointing out.
So there are still 2 options for the old phone :sunny:

My Fairphone 2 is running on Murena Q stable version.

You can find stable versions for the Fairphone 2 on Murena (was /e) on https://images.ecloud.global/stable/FP2/ Mind you this is for Fastboot

The versions for adb sideload on
https://ota.ecloud.global/api/v1/FP2/stable (see the “url:” lines).

1 Like

Why only two? @mal still keeps SFOS up to date on the FP2. Still using it as my daily driver.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: My FP2: 5 years and counting

Here’s a badge request:

3 Likes

Thanks so much!! :two_hearts:
…and still using the transparent cover. It has some cracks, and missing edges as well, also the FAIRPHONE letters fell off, one after the other - but it still covers, yeay! :muscle: And guess which color case I chose for FP5 :joy: :joy:

3 Likes