My FP2: 5 years and counting

5 years and counting! My fairphone 2 is starting to age, but it still gets the job done! Over time I replaced the case and the battery.
Applying for the badge, see you next year!

10 Likes

Edit: Still need to wait to July 5th. Then I have mine for 5 years

2 Likes

According to photo metadata, I got my FP2 in January 2016 - still running strong. Could I apply for a badge please? :grinning:

5 Likes

Well, I don’t think, that’s enough proof.
:wink:
Just kidding. Well deserved and granted. :medal_sports:

4 Likes

I just checked, ordered in 16th July 2015, got it around Christmas. Does that award me the badge? :blush:

6 Likes

Welcome to the forum.
Of course you are qualified for the badge. :smile:

Just remind us around christmas this year, that you get the next badge for 6-years Fairphone 2. :wink:

Have fun and happy easter holidays.

3 Likes

I ordered my FP2 on 3.4.2016, so in two days I apply for the badge^^

The first year of my FP2 usage was rough due to annoying software issues, but after a few patches, it ran fine. The FP2 does everything I need (Browsing, Maps.me, Messenger, Mail) and there is currently no feature of new phones that makes me want a new one.

Imho one of the best features of the FP2 is its sturdiness. It fell down many times, one time the whole stairs, but aside from some cracks in the case it still works like on day one with no issues at all (just replace the case and voila, looks as new :slight_smile: ).

I use FPOpenOS with FDroid and am looking forward to Android 9, as I am not technically experienced enough to install /e/OS or Lineage OS on it.

4 Likes

I also celebrated my Fairphone 2’s 5th birthday a couple of weeks ago.
Having used my last phone (a good old Nokia) for 6,5 years, I decided that if my Fairphone goes the same distance, I will be very satisfied with its longetivity, even though I went through a couple of back covers, one display module and upgraded the camera. Battery is still fine, I usually keep it between 30% and 80%.

7 Likes

Time for me to check in here too. Seems I made the 5 year mark. Was sadly forced to do a factory reset yesterday as the storage became corrupted from all the spurious reboots to an extent that it could no longer be decrypted. A dubious win, but I’ll still take the badge please! That way at least the suffering would be worth it :wink:

8 Likes

Mine is running for 5 years and some months now, too - badge, please! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I ordered my FP2 during crowdfunding in 2015, so it’s been 5 years that he and I have been fighting daily. But we are still alive and claiming our 5 years badge (and even the 4 years one, which we forgot) @Alex.A . :sunglasses:

6 Likes

July 5th passed, so would you please grant me the badge?

5 Likes

Just noticed the badges and this thread, and would like to apply as well!
I got my FP2 more than 5 years back as well in the intial crowdfunding (delivered January 2016); even though the original FP2 unfortunately did not last until now, I bought a second one a while back and am still happy with this second one, so maybe that counts too for the badge?

7 Likes

That’s a yes! Congrats!

3 Likes

5 years today and still a happy user of my FP2! Could you grant me the badge, please?

8 Likes

I’m using the FP2 now for more than 5 years. The journey took me to a couple of cracked cases a new screen as my first one had massive clouding issues and since a while I have more and more issues with the microphone so I’ve applied for the USB C bottom module.
Beside of that I’m still a happy user and hope to use the FP2 some additional years to change it then to the at this time up to date Fairphone.
It’s impressing to see official Android 9 and lineageos 18.1 seeing on this in the meanwhile quite old device.

9 Likes

5 years and 1.5 months now, on the second battery and third case.
That is nearly as much time as I used my previous phone, the Motorola Defy :slight_smile:
Could you grant me the badge, too?

8 Likes

mine turned 5 as well this week and its still running OKish

8 Likes

I think I must qualify too. Don’t remember exactly when I received my FP2, but it was a crowd-funding one (inscribed "ONE OF THE FIRST 17,418)

9 Likes

Marknw you qualify as the crowdfounding batch was delivered in Dec 2015.

I ordered mine in Feb 2016 and received it in May 2016. I should not have waited for the second batch but I still qualify for the more than 5y badge :wink:

6 Likes