My FP2: 5 years and counting

Hi,
i am also a FP2-User for 5 years now. I had some tough years with my FP2s but stayed with it.
Does it also count for the badge if my first FP2 had been replaced due to a faulty core-module? :smiley:
Received my first FP2 in January 2016…

6 Likes

Yes, my FP2 is still in use. I have some trouble with unwanted reboots. But I hope that the soon coming Android 9 will solve this.

2 Likes

I got my FP2 in January 2016 too, just for completeness sake, I could be granted the badges for the FP2 also, as I got them for my FP1 today :smile:.

3 Likes

You’ll get my problems in a matter of time! :smiley:

6 Likes

That’s very possible :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Two years have passed since this post and 1 year since that one (which I’d posted one day late).
This means that today my FP2 counts 5 years and the /e/OS on it more than two… :slight_smile:

9 Likes

I’d also like to apply for the 5 years of FP2 badge, received in early January 2016. Still working with /e/OS. Proud to say i have only had one smartphone as a daily driver for 5 years (in this consumer world!) :grinning:

7 Likes

My FP2 is 5 years old. I would like a new badge.

11 Likes

Please me too… (delivery Feb 2016) :hugs:

7 Likes

My FP2 celebrates its 5th birthday today and would like the new badge, too. It’s still my daily driver without any major problems, running LOS 17.1 and probably soon LOS 18.1 :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Mine too! :slight_smile:
I’ve been using LOS 15 for two years now and it has some problems, but all in all it’s still working great :slight_smile:

7 Likes

5 years and counting! My fairphone 2 is starting to age, but it still gets the job done! Over time I replaced the case and the battery.
Applying for the badge, see you next year!

10 Likes

Edit: Still need to wait to July 5th. Then I have mine for 5 years

2 Likes

According to photo metadata, I got my FP2 in January 2016 - still running strong. Could I apply for a badge please? :grinning:

5 Likes

Well, I don’t think, that’s enough proof.
:wink:
Just kidding. Well deserved and granted. :medal_sports:

4 Likes

I just checked, ordered in 16th July 2015, got it around Christmas. Does that award me the badge? :blush:

6 Likes

Welcome to the forum.
Of course you are qualified for the badge. :smile:

Just remind us around christmas this year, that you get the next badge for 6-years Fairphone 2. :wink:

Have fun and happy easter holidays.

3 Likes

I ordered my FP2 on 3.4.2016, so in two days I apply for the badge^^

The first year of my FP2 usage was rough due to annoying software issues, but after a few patches, it ran fine. The FP2 does everything I need (Browsing, Maps.me, Messenger, Mail) and there is currently no feature of new phones that makes me want a new one.

Imho one of the best features of the FP2 is its sturdiness. It fell down many times, one time the whole stairs, but aside from some cracks in the case it still works like on day one with no issues at all (just replace the case and voila, looks as new :slight_smile: ).

I use FPOpenOS with FDroid and am looking forward to Android 9, as I am not technically experienced enough to install /e/OS or Lineage OS on it.

4 Likes

I also celebrated my Fairphone 2’s 5th birthday a couple of weeks ago.
Having used my last phone (a good old Nokia) for 6,5 years, I decided that if my Fairphone goes the same distance, I will be very satisfied with its longetivity, even though I went through a couple of back covers, one display module and upgraded the camera. Battery is still fine, I usually keep it between 30% and 80%.

7 Likes

Time for me to check in here too. Seems I made the 5 year mark. Was sadly forced to do a factory reset yesterday as the storage became corrupted from all the spurious reboots to an extent that it could no longer be decrypted. A dubious win, but I’ll still take the badge please! That way at least the suffering would be worth it :wink:

8 Likes