My FP1: three years and counting!

@Stefan Do we get the 3 years batch ;-)?
And your FP1, did you got an other one after yours got lost in the train?

3 Likes

Mine turned three in July, too. Still squeezing 9 days out of the first and the second battery every now and then :smiley: Would like the badge, too. Thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Done! :slight_smile:

Yeah, I got a second-hand FP1 First Edition. :smiley:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

I think we should make a “4 years of Fairphone 1” profile title available by now. I think there are many of us who already qualify (I will 23 July) :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve been qualifying for almost half a year (if we don’t count the two months where I didn’t have a FP1). :wink:

2 Likes

[OT]
@mods: When you"re at it anyway, you might also want to prepare the “3 years of FP2” badge or profile title. Won’t be too long till it’ll be needed.
[/OT]
:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Unfortunately us mods cannot configure this. We need to ask @Monica.Ciovica with her admin-superpowers. :female_detective:

1 Like

I notice that some Fairphoners tend to overestimate how long they have got their Fairphone (I always memorize it like this: FP1 from christmas 2013/14, FP2 from christmas 2015/16). So I’d hold back the FP2 title until 3 years have actually elapsed (for the earliest owners).

1 Like

I remember:

• FP1: Beginning of 2014 (my FP1 arrived in the first week of January 2014)
  • FP2: Beginning of 2016
1 Like

First FP2s were delivered in November (maybe even October) 2015 iirc, so yes, there’s still some time.
I got mine early January 2016.

Well, before we keep speculating based on our aging memories, here’s a forum reply by Douwe from 21 December 2015 on FP2 delivery:

Bas’ 30 December 2013 blog (scroll way down to Original post of 30 December) suggests a very limited number of FP1s might have reached their owners (probably all Dutch) by New Years Eve 2013 (I still think a Dutch Fairphoner reported having received his on 25 December):

3 Likes

Just saw - my FP1 has been delivered Septembe 2014. Still in use, still on first battery. But usage gets scarce now that my employer granted me an iPhone SE and I tend to not switch on my phones anyway. So the most sustainable decision has been not to upgrade to a FP2.
Looking forward to a 4-year-badge!

3 Likes

Really? There are already more than 60 badges!
Even the 3-years one is only applied to 18 users (which I guess is really not realistic).
I kind of understand all those badges, that are applied automatically for contributing to the forum or FP etc. But those badges where you have to say “Hey, I want one!” are a bit beyond to me.
But that’s just my approach of course.

2 Likes

Now I can apply! I have a FP1U, which I got from a friend in July 2015. Looking forward to use it at least one more year!

3 Likes

@anon83519835 Can you realize this? :slight_smile:

1 Like

yes…this is done

2 Likes

OK, nevermind my premature response :angel: Thanks! It’s both a badge and a title option now. :+1:

1 Like

I think it makes sense to continue this here:

:wink: