My FP1: four years and counting!

Yes - still using FP1 Forgotten when I brought it - but years ago now!

2 Likes

Yes - I think that was when I brought mine as well - so 5 years this August?!

2 Likes

I’ll take a badge please, got mine in January, ordered as part of the very first crowdfunding :wink:

Do you use Pixo universal charger? I have it but I’m not sure about voltage…

Hi,
I just came across this , when I read that Fairphone 2 is sold out. I am still using my fairphone one first edition, which I bought right after release and it still works quite ok
Volker

8 Likes

Still using my FP1 which is still fine for most basic apps, dual sims, photos, music, sms, voip, calendar, map, twitter, fb, playstore, av, clock, some browsing, news, etc. though some newer apps do not work. Only a replacement battery changed so that it needs to be charged about every 6 days. Cheers

7 Likes

Well, for my one, I guess I need to replace it. Not because it’s no longer working, it works fine just the first (!) battery is not always trustworthy. But I want to use a calendar app for cooperation. I couldn’t find any calendar app which doesn’t depend on Gapps (I am Gapps free!) and works with Android 4.2…

The preinstalled calendar app (AOSP calendar) works just fine for me. Which features does it lack?

Hallo Stefan,

well, how can you make the aosp Calendar a shared one, so that it shows calendars of my coworkers? (with editing possible?) I would need to share it with a google calendar? But how can I share with a google calendar when I don’t have gapps installed and no account linked to my phone?

Vielen Dank für etwagige Tipps!

I use DAVx⁵ to synchronize my calendars. Most services support the open CalDAV format. Google calendar should have a CalDAV endpoint too, but there is some discussion on the topic here:

As always, Google doesn’t like you stepping out of the beaten path.

2 Likes

@Stefan ok, but if I want to use that, I need to upgrade to Android 4.4 - neiter Etar nor Davx5 doesn’t work with Android 4.2… :roll_eyes:

On my FP1 I have installed FP1-4.4.4-z3ntu-0.0.2 and Davx5 version2.5.4.1-ose (299) van 27-08-19.

It could be that I have FP1-4.4.4-z3ntu-0.0.3 installed, but I don’t know how to check the version.

For reference:

At the moment it is not possible to download the recovery.img at basketbuild.
If you need the recovery.img please a message here or sent me a PM. And I will sent the recovery.img to you.
The forum doesn’t allow a file ending with .img to be uploaded.

@z3ntu could you host the recovery.img somewhere?

Done: https://private.z3ntu.xyz/FP1/recovery.img

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.