My Fairphone 3 has gotten really slow overnight

Hello,

I’ve had my Fairphone for a year and a half (jan 2020) and in the past couple of weeks it slowed down a lot: the screen is not as responsive (even after I restart the device), the loading pages for apps linger, the screen freezes for a bit, and it heats up when I use it (I don’t live in a particularly hot place).

At first I thought it was because of google maps’ new driving mode ad on, but the phone is slow even on days where I don’t even open google maps. (I reversed to the old version of gmaps as well).

Also I noticed that the battery doesn’t last as long as it used to.

Anybody experience this? I’m not super tech savvy so maybe there’s something obvious I’m doing wrong! Thanks in advance for any insight!

1 Like

How much of your phone’s internal storage is used (Settings > Storage)?

And welcome to our community forum :slight_smile:

Hi Zelda and welcome to the forum.
If you have an SD card inserted and formatted as Portable/External you will be able to save your contacts and personal data to it and remove it.

I know it may be a pain but then you could restore to a clean ‘factory reset’ and see if that clears the issue.

If it’s just an app overloading you could just try a day of use in safe mode. If it works OK then try disabling all the apps in full mode and then enable them one by one. It’ll take a week or two to check them all maybe but it’s worth considering.

Hi Urs, hi Amoun,

Thanks a lot! I started looking into my apps/storage, and I thinks it’s already making a difference. I think it had been a while since my last ‘spring cleaning’ on my phone.

I’m also going to try and see if I have apps that take too much processing powe.

Thanks again :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.