Murena Fairphone 4 now available for pre-order

Thanks for the info, installing manually should also works for me :slight_smile:

Please note you can easily turn a green FP4 into a green speckled one – you can get a green speckled back cover in Fairphone’s spare parts shop, and that’s all the difference between a green and a green speckled FP4. However, that “special” back cover costs 25 instead of 20 Euros.

4 Likes

OK, but after a period of time all covers looks speckled automatically… :wink:

1 Like

Are you a painter :upside_down_face:?

That is a creative solution thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m curious to know what you call restrictions and paternalism from /e/OS.

2 Likes

My namesake got the message from Murena that /e/OS for the FP4 is estimated to become available for download mid-January.

EDIT: Comment seems to have been retracted.

3 Likes

Surprising that the comment you linked to is no longer available :wink:

Only here about AntotherElks linking.

6 posts were split to a new topic: Can a user be deleted?

And here as well a bit hidden

1 Like

Related question about 5-year hardware warranty of FP4 Murena:

1 Like
2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Quite interesting: For the first time ever, the Murena Fairphone 4 can now be bought directly in the Fairphone Shop:

Exclusively the “small” grey configuration (128 GB / 6 GB), higher price (580€ – like in Murena’s own shop) and it might be just remaining stock for a limited time, but nevertheless a novelty.

5 Likes

Nice. It is very delightful to see them expanding their cooperation. Let’s hope they’ll soon do the same for the FP5 as well. :slight_smile:
Also I wonder who will provide support for the Fairphones with /e/os sold via the official Fairphone shop.

4 Likes

EDIT.
Apologies, I don’t think it is clear one loses support from Murena when switching OS.
I remember reading it from one of the users, but I cannot find it now…

Murena is mentioned as support. I guess that is the reason of a higher price. After all one can I guess install it on their own.
The other thing that came to my mind, was the question of warranty (see edit)
It seems it has been sorted though.

According to the latest Fairphone newsletter.
I didn’t go through all the details, but I am curious if Fairphone/Murena will update their warranty policy according to having to return any FP4 for repair service in its original stock OS state .

I actually never understood why. Sure if they are delivering the device with Android respectively /e/ OS they can take over full warranty for their product. But what to do if one successfully self-flashed the device and something essential has broken (maybe sometime later) making it impossible to re-flash the original (Android) OS?

So now I’m curious if there still will be made a difference in such cases of warranty claim where users successfully self-flashed their handset (with /e/ OS) and at some point later experiencing any hardware failure that they couldn’t sort out by replacing spare parts.

I think with this new situation there shouldn’t be any difference made anymore whether /e/ OS was initially installed by the vendor Murena or at some point later by self-flashing when initially purchased directly from the Fairphone shop with Android.

Also I see the potential risk of “different” warranty regulations between originally vendor flashed devices and self-flashed devices with whichever OS.

I moved your post, because it was touched above and overall we can only speculate, so overall if anyone wants to know, they would have to ask Fairphone I think