Moving all data from FP2 to FP3

Hi - I have a FP2 and am thinking of getting a FP 3 . How do I move all the data, numbers, apps etc from FP2 to 3? Is it as simple as taking the sim out of the FP2 and putting it in the FP3. Then changing FP2 to factory settings so I can sell it?

I was told that everything should already be backed up to my Google account - but I don’t know where to find that.

As you can see, I know very little about the ‘tech’ of all this.

Thanks for any help.

Fairphone has a support article on this:

3 Likes

Thanks. I got as far as this bit… Upload & view files

1. On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Drive app.
  2. Tap Add
  3. Tap Upload .
  4. Find and tap the files you want to upload.
  5. View uploaded files in My Drive until you move them.

I can’t see any ‘contacts’ there. If I just put the sim inot the new phone won’t it automatically transer all phone numbers and contacts?

Not sure what you’ve been reading. But the guide says in the “From Android to Android” section:

1. On your previous Android device, make a backup that stores in your Google account.

No need for a clumsy manual process, Android will do that for your contacts. They will simply be restored once you log on to your new phone with your Google account. Unless you had your contacts and phone numbers only stored on your SIM - in this case, you can import them from there, of course.

1 Like

Thanks -again. I think I have that -an automatic back up. But where do I see that (to confirm it) in my google account?

Or does that not really matter - as long as I back it up, when I get the FP3 it will pick up the data?

That’s how it should work, indeed.

2 Likes