Mobile data gone for hours, then back, then away again

Hi everyone. I’ve an issue with my FP4 which started about 6 weeks ago. Mobile data won’t work for periods of several hours. I get a little “x” shown in the status bar where the reception icon is. Only some apps like Whatsapp or Instagram work.
It’s not a matter of low data volume and most likely not the SIM’s fault, because the problem keeps coming and going (for instance: morning off, lunchtime on, 14 - 16h off etc.)
Does anyone else experience this? (bought Feb 2022, Android 11, Vodafone DE)

grafik

Hi The icon shows that Mobile data is enabled, so some setting in the phone is disconnecting. Do you have a card SIm or E-SIM

It could be the a faulty SIM but you would only know by getting a replacement.

WhatsApp etc. can use Wi-Fi so if the SIM data is not available it won’t be noticed by such apps. There’s an option to switch between the two to find the better transfer rate.

Vodafone Germany and Fairphone have a love and hate story…

Have you tried to reset the APN to default? Def reboot the phone after resetting

Do you have 5G and VoLTE enabled?

1 Like

Do you have a card SIm or E-SIM

It could be the a faulty SIM but you would only know by getting a replacement.

WhatsApp etc. can use Wi-Fi so if the SIM data is not available it won’t be noticed by such apps. There’s an option to switch between the two to find the better transfer rate.

Hi amoun! It’s a card sim, and as I said, I don’t think it’s faulty, because on some occasions it works completely normal, on others not. But of course, if I don’t succeed otherwise, I’ll have it replaced.

I found these apps to be working without being on any Wi-Fi.

Vodafone Germany and Fairphone have a love and hate story…
Have you tried to reset the APN to default? Def reboot the phone after resetting

I just did that, let’s see how it works :slight_smile: thanks. Trying a different provider could be an option, unfortunately, I just renewed a 2yrs contract …

Well that means the data connection is working when you are using them without Wi-Fi.

Danke Dir für die Nachricht.
Genau das hat geholfen.

Viele Grüße :hibiscus::sun_with_face:

Delf Rosenfeld

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.