MMS setup for Fairphone 2

Can you tell us what settings you have tried so far? Did you had another phone before on with it worked so you can look up the information there?

Update: Another IP address shown on the net is: 188.149.250.10

Owned by: Tele2 AB/Swedish IP Network maybe your service was sold to someone else?

I experience the same issue. I have tried all the configurations the company provides and costumer support could think of.
Denmark -> Telmore

Have a look at this topic. Maybe it’s helpful for you MMS setup for Luxembourg

I have the same problem, living in Copenhagen. I have coop mobile, but as I understand it they have the same carrier as Telmore.

Have you found a solution?

I recommend to search for the right APN settings in the help forums of your provider. Normally there’s somebody who already found a solution.
Many providers don’t allow MMS over WiFi. So make sure you’re connected to mobile internet when you try it.

Same here. I have Telmore in Denmark. I can’t make it work.

Here too. I have Telenor in Norway. I sent them an sms that is supposed to fix it automatically, but telenor didn’t recognize the FP2,m then I tried the “manual setup” on the telenor pages. None of that works. I have only tried Textra tho.
Update: After the latest update it works!

Nope. didn’t find a solution yet. pretty much given up. Customer service (my provider) can’t help anymore, the are out of ideas.

Tried all the APN settings they and I could think of.

Did you already try these settings: https://anderse.wordpress.com/2012/07/28/telenor-mobil-norway-apn-settings/
Or did you try to setup different APNs for internet and MMS?

Did you already read this post: https://forum.telmore.dk/t5/Mobiler-og-Tablets/MMS-kan-ikke-modtage-sende-på-One-Plus-One/td-p/674? I don’t understand it, but maybe there’s a solution inside…

Thanks for your research. After the latest update I can now send MMS. Or maybe it was my tinkering with different settings. I don’t know for sure. But, suddenly it just started working.

I have the same problem: I can´t receive or deliver mms. My provider is o2 Germany and their support have no more ideas to help me. We checked the settings. It works with another app like Hangouts. I have one SIM-Card in Slot 1. What can I do?

Hi Maxie, unfortunately not answer :frowning: We use the FF2 with provider O2 in Germany, too, and have the same problem. So, we’re very much interested in solutions. Thx alot around.

I had similar problems with MMS. I am on the TDC network in Denmark. Tried all available settings with no luck. I installed the Textra messaging app and that solved the problem.
Hope that helps.

I have the same problem as many here, and cannot send or receive mms messages. I live in Norway and use Talkmore, which use Telenor Network. I used these settings for android 5.1 Lollipop. Is there something else I should try?
https://apn-norge.gishan.net/settings/os_34_1_android_5.1lollipop_internet_and_mms_settings_for_telenor_mobil.php

My MMS won’t send or receive either :frowning: I’m with giffgaff in the UK, and have tried all of the APN settings they’ve recommended with no luck. I troubleshooted it with giffgaff and they seem to think the phone is the problem.
I do have cellular data switched on, and only one sim card activated (with the 4g etc settings) so that’s not the problem.
Hangouts (unless I’m misunderstanding it) doesn’t help because that app only works if all of your contacts use it too (i.e. I can’t use it to message anyone that isn’t also using Hangouts. Side note: I HATE exclusive apps like this, there are far too many of them and who wants more than one messaging app on their phone at once with different contacts needing to use different ones? Eugh).

Hei! Jeg har telenor og akkurat mottatt fp2. Hvilken oppdatering var det som gjorde susen?

I just figured out how to fix this on my new FF2 (check out post named “MMS setup for Djuice/Telenor (Norway)”)

https://forum.fairphone.com/t/mms-setup-for-djuice-telenor-norway/17715?u=ingridgk

1 Like

Thank you sooooo much @ingridgk ! :slight_smile: