MMS Onecall Norway

I have problems both sending and receiving mms with my Fairphone 3.
I live in Norway and the service provider is Onecall.
I can send and receive emails, browse internet, send-receive, call and videocall in whatsapp both using wi-fi and mobiledata.

The mms sometimes function and sometimes not. Its just random and does not follow any pattern that I am able to detect.

I like the mms function and would be happy to see it work.

1 Like

You need to have mobildata on.

1 Like

You might have to set the MMS APN correctly. Instructions can be found at

Good luck,
Thomas

4 Likes

I live in Norway, own a Fairphone 3 and use Telia. I also have a problem with MMS. It hasn’t worked since the end of August, and also then it sometimes failed. Mobile data works fine, the sim works fine with MMS in my very old iPhone, and I even tried to manually enter the proxy etc settings, but nothing seems to work. Telia understands nothing and I don’t find any help on the Fairphone support page either.

1 Like

Hi Rani,

all necessary settings for your MMS APN should be listed at

If those do not work, contact OneCall’s support and ask for help.

Good luck,
Thomas

2 Likes

I have tried adding the ones from Telia but it didn’t work.

Last ned Outlook for Android

Hi Rani,

sorry, because of the subject I thought you were on OneCall, too. I just overlooked that you mentioned Telia.

Which Telia MMS settings exactly did you try? For a manual setup I have found

Telia also offers sending an SMS with the correct setup data via

Good luck with getting MMS up and running!

Best wishes,
Thomas

Yes, I’ve been in touch with Telia several times and they don’t understand what is wrong.

Neither do I. MMS is standard GSM functionality and should work without issues. The FP3 hardware is pretty standard, same with the near stock Android.

Have you modified your OS, do you use the standard Messages app for MMS?

Are you on Android 10 already?

Best wishes,
Thomas

Android 10 and standard message app, yes.

I recieved my new FP3+ yesterday, and everything works fine, except sending and recieving MMS. My network operator is Telia, as described before in this conversation. I have tried to manually set the MMS settings as is also described in this conversation, but it still does not work. Please help!

Mari

I tried setting up the MMS settings manually, using the Telia MMS settings you can find in this conversation, and it worked! Failed a couple of time first, because the words used are not the same in the table from Telia and on the phone, but managed in the end. Remember to save (in norwegian: lagre) :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

Hi @MariBV i have the same problem but i am not managing to get the settings right. could you kindly take a screenshot of your phone with all the relevant settings? Or just write them all up here in the chat? Telia was no help whatsoever…

1 Like

Gloria in excelsis Deo!
I have given up on mms on my Fairphone 3.
It is only fair that I cannot send or receive mms over the GSM net (obviously).
First thing (<— I lied, sorry. After familiarizing myself with my Fairphone 3 i rooted it) I did was too root my FP3 and install /e/
Here in Norway you now need to use mobiledata to transfer files via mms. So no mobiledata, no mms. I dont know how things work, but on my current subscription I pay extra if I use mobiledata. So I dont.

God has built His throne upon righteousness. Those hungry for righteousness shall be satisfied. I am starving…

Gloria in excelsis Deo!

Hi Oyvind and thanks for pointing out this information.

It is also the case here in France, at any rate with my network operator Free, that by default you have to turn on mobile data to download MMS.

Since it will soon be Christmas, I will add,
Et in terra pax hominibus bonæ voluntatis
:christmas_tree:

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.