Missing some features in the stock experience

Just got my FP5 - switching from a Google Pixel.

I am lacking 2 things in the stock launcher:

• When I open app drawer, I want the search to be focused right away\keyboard opened. On my Pixel the option was called “Search your phone > Always show keyboard when swiping up on your home screen”.

I tried some alternative launchers (Microsoft, Nova, Action Launcher), none of them have this feature. Is there a way? If possible I also want to retain the google news feed when swiping right

• Proper search in the settings from outside the settings. When I install other launchers (e.g. Microsoft Launcher) or searches (app “Pixel Search”), it can’t find stuff in settings. It looks like Settings search exists there (it finds something as i type), but it’s as if the fairphone settings are incorrectly indexed

For example I want to find “vibration” - as I type “vi” i see some settings, e.g. “device & app notifications”. But when I type the “b” (“vib”), nothing is found. However if i type sound - I find “Sound” settings, which are actually called *Sound & vibration". Looks like a bug. Anyone can confirm\know a fix? I tried changing the display language to 2 other languages that I know, and the search wouldn’t find any setting at all in those languages (only in English…)

1. in Nova found it, you must enable 2 options under “App drawer”
  • Search bar placement = Top
  • Show keyboard = Enable
  1. Same result in Nova (AppDrawer Search with enabled Shortcut search with or without enabled Sesame integration) find Settings:Sound but no Vib…

EDIT: +2) same in direct launched Sesame app

Actually solved #1 by installing “Lawnchair” launcher. It isn’t present in Google Play (only some incompatible version?) - I had to install it from the website.

#2 - is it worth reporting to support? Can we get some more confirmations, so that I could link the topic to the support.

The Pixels are not phones with a pure Android but use the Pixel experience. So you ask for a new feature but what you define as missing is maybe not in AOSP by default.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.