Migrate without Google backup

Hi,

I have my new Fairphone 4 (yay!) and I am migrating from a work phone.
However, for some reason, the company I work for has disabled the Google backup service for security reasons. I don’t understand why: I made a ticket at the internal heldesk but they don’t have a good track record on these things…

Does anyone have any tips on how to migrate my apps + settings without Google Backup? I tried Samsung’s tool but it is rigged to only work on Samsung’s phones.
I bought a USB-C to USB-C cable (because I thought that might make the Samsung tool work) so that may help.

Can you set up a personal account on the phone. I don’t know about google back up as I also don’t subscribe to google.

However maybe a personal account will have it’s own option to back up unless your management has stopped all such options ?

I am logged in with my personal gmail account on the phone. Gmail, photos, everything works. It’s just that the Backup options in the settings are greyed out. I even installed Google One app and it said that the Backup function was restricted by my organization for security reasons.

1 Like