Microsoft Your Phone : No notifications

Hello Fairphoners,

I’m trying to use the YourPhone companion app but unfortunately, the application can’t push the notification and let me approve the connection with my PC.

Would you kindly tell me if someone could already use the app and if there is a special action to perform?

I’m convinced that I followed correctly the setup, so thanks in advance for your kind help and do not hesitate to mention in the topic if you can use it or if you’re facing any inconveniences.

Thanks a lot for your attention

Works fine for me. It is however am finding it really annoying and going to disable it I think. I didn’t have to do anything special to set it up though, just followed the instructions. You have to have the app on your phone and on your laptop, that’s about it.

I already use the whatsapp and android messages web apps so I get those notifications on my chrome etc.

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your reply.

So do you confirm no special action is waited in order to let the application works and notifies ?

Yes I know it’s a redundant service, but YourPhone should still evolve and that’s why I keep a good eye on it.

Wish you the best for the coming year

Hi,

which version of Windows 10 and Your Phone are you on? The latest desktop app should be 1.19112.111.0.

I have it running flawlessly on my FP3 and Surface Pro 6 running Windows 10 Home 1909 (Build 18363.535).

Are you getting any error messages on your phone or PC?

Good luck and a Happy New Year,
Thomas

Hi Thomas,

I’m using the following versions:

Windows 10 v1903 build 18362.535

YourPhone on W10 1.19112.115.0

YourPhone on FP3 1.19112.102.0

I’m upgrading to Win10 v1909, maybe there is something missing in my current build… (But that worked well with my Nokia 7+)