Micro-SD capacity for Fairphone 2?

What capacity of micro-SD cards does the Fairphone 2 accept? My 160GB iPod Classic has died and am looking to replace it for music use.

Thanks!

Have a look here:

It should cause no problems using an SD card in the Fairphone 2 that exceeds your iPod Classic’s capacity. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The technical specs don’t mention a limit, only “MicroSD Support: SDHC, SDXC, UHS”.

This support article mentions a limit of 64 GB, but in practice that doesn’t apply, I use 128 GB myself (with LineageOS) without problems so far. Have a look in the topic @urs_lesse linked to at what other users use, only some particular cards seem to generate problems.

Also …

2 Likes

256 GB SanDisk in my FP2 working wihtout any problem.

5 Likes

Is that the Ultra A1?

I have added it to the list of compatible cards (see above the postin by @urs_lesse ) . It’s the 100MB/s version:

SanDisk ULTRA micro SDXC UHS-I 256 GB (the up to 100 MB/s speed version) (SDSQAR-256G-GN6MA

Edit:
Corrected the speed details.

I’m looking for a micro SD card that I can use to store many apps in it, for my music collection and also to record high quality videos. But obviously it is essential that it works 100% in my FP2 with Open OS, so I would appreciate the experience of other users of FP2 Open OS with similar card features.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.