Low volume on speaker during voice call

I can’t remember having a problem with it back in the days with Android 6, but I will admit I used that rarely.
I’m running LineageOS for quite some time now … speaker still works for me, just checked.

1 Like

FP2 reacts unpredictably on hands free button.
Since the purchase with android 6 and now with android 7 the FP2 sometimes does not respond and sometimes with a too weak sound after switching on the hands free function.
Sometimes he suddenly switches on to the correct volume during the conversation.
Do I have a bugg here or is the FP2 defective from the start and do I have to use the warranty?

I’ve got the same problem. In some phonecalls the sound of the voice is very low and I have to switch to handsfree.

Please vote for this on the bugtracker issues list: https://bugtracker.fairphone.com/project/fairphone-android-7/issues?order_by=-total_voters&q=&status=184,178,186 Maybe it’s one of the next problems they will try to solve.

Sadly - it’s still an issue in 19.02.1. Or does anyone have a solution for this problem?

3 Likes

Dear all,
Sorry if my answer is a bit “too easy” but Rachel from the Fairphone Support told me to do the following operation and actually I can now hear much better:
=> go that path Settings > Maintenance > Ear speaker
then when you hear the music, put the volume up
I believe this operation re-calibrate volume
for me it works
and for you?

1 Like

Just tried the maintenence function for the speakers. Both ear and rear delivers the audio through the rear speaker which is a slightly strange behaviour. By sliding the audio level to max it is also worth noticing that the audio level, despite coming from the same speaker is different.

To sum it up, the ear speaker maintenence test deliver the audio via the rear speaker and at a volume much lower than the rear speaker maintenence test.

Perhaps this may be a lead in the search for the long time problem of low volume during (hands free) speaker voice calls??

Br

/Asle

1 Like

I also noticed this misbehaviour.

So there we have it. The phone you can’t use for phoning (in most places). How embarrassing this hasn’t been resolved over the years.

Get many problems with my FP2 that I bought less than one year ago, including the speaker problem… Very low when I call (make it really difficult to hear specially when I am in a busy place) and at the same time very loud when I put the loudspeaker (I mean really). I am just looking for an acceptable in-between.

No update available ans I have already tried the Settings > maintenance > Ear speaker way … It could be more understanding of the development issues if this problem was not link with many others !

1 Like

Sad story - Nothing changed for two years. I suspect, this bug is to complicated for them.

My optinion: They didn’t sell our fairphone 2 anymore - so it’s an economic decision that they don’t waste time with correcting this “old” device and focus “the brand new fairphone 3”

So we own a phone without a basic functionallity - nice …

Just as you type this, they try to reintroduce a basic feature, which was not part of the Android 7 upgrade at launch because of missing Android 7 support from Qualcomm for the Fairphone 2’s chipset.
They could have just said “Qualcomm’s fault, sorry, state of the industry.”, yet they try.

Your argument was again … ?

If you drive a car, and your garage change the brake to something new and the bake dosen’t work - with your argumentation: it’s a problem of the brakemanufacturer?

Am I correct?

The fault lies in drawing up larger general conclusions from ones own smaller (even if nerve-racking) misfortune, which turn out to not work.

The issue at hand is a bug … which should be fixed … but wasn’t yet. A shame. Everybody’s with you, this is no glorious chapter in the history of Fairphone.

But saying Fairphone “don’t waste time with correcting this ‘old’ device” when they obviously are in the process of correcting this old device … just doesn’t work.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.