Loud sound in video recordings

Hi, does the Fairphone 4 clip the sound while recording video in loud venues and events?

Example of what I’m trying to avoid https://photos.app.goo.gl/Mq5ud9doQf9RC5r27

Hi and welcome to the forum

This is similar to the workings of the FP3 ~ There is an auto volume limiter which isn’t ideal. At loud events the solution for now is to cover both microphones to a suitable degree.

Did anyone test this already? Else I would not automatically say FP4 is the same as FP3. Overall I dont think we should draw a comparison from one device to another, as they differ a lot in many circumstances.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hello, I’ve been using my FP4 for more than a year now and have encountered quite a few problems with it. The main issue for me at the moment is the poor sound quality of video recordings when recording at a very loud place, like a concert. The sound gets heavily distorted, especially the lows, to a point where it is impossible to hear anything clearly. this problem was mentioned before here: https://forum.fairphone.com/t/loud-sound-in-video-recordings/ The solution was to cover the microphones while recording to avoid the auto volume limiter being triggered. I’m not sure if that is actually the reason for the poor sound quality, not am I satisfied with the suggested solution. So far, I have tried 3 different camera apps (the inbuilt one, a wichaya Google cam Clone, and open camera) and it didn’t have any effect. So I’m wondering, is this even a software issue? or are the microphones just bad? has anyone experienced similar issues and perhaps found a solution?

Hi, I have the same issue already reported on the forum with no luck but I didn’t understand which microphones I must cover. There are 3 microphones on fp4 : 1 top, 1 left and 1 bottom (I found an image somewhere in the past about this but now I cannot find).
there are also others users with the same issue…

I contacted the support to trying to resolve this lack of functionality