Lossy audio through headphones

Hello,
I have been listening to a variety of podcasts and audiobooks through wired headphones on my Fairphone 4. With a wide variety of audiobooks, I find that the sound takes a second to come through whenever there is a pause in the audio. This means I tend to lose the first word or two in a sentence, so that for example “the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog” comes through my earphones as “wick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog”. Has anyone else had this issue, and figured out how to solve it? It does not appear to happen when I listen to the audio via the inbuilt speakers.

I am not sure whether this is an issue with the jack, the headphones (I have tried several brands of both) or the software.

I assume you use an adapter to use the wired headphones?

I have just taken to using my Bose QuietComfort headphones with this cable with my FP4 and do not have this problem.

Does this issue also appear when using Bluetooth headphones? Has this issue been present since you have purchased the phone, did it appear after some major upgrade or do you see no correlation to a specific thing?

Yes I do - sorry, I mean the “adapter”, not the “jack” above.

I do not have Bluetooth headphones, so I don’t know if the issue would persist if I used them. This issue has been present since I bought my phone.

Yes, I have the same experience.
I’ve the impression the problem is solved with the latest update.

I have downloaded the latest update and still have this issue.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.