Looking for core module to buy to replace mine FP2 UK

Hello all!
I have had my Fairphone 2 for couple of years, I am having some issues with connectivity which might have to do with a failed core module.
Does anyone have one that works that they could sell to me?
Also open to someone in the UK who could maybe have a look at it and try to fix it for me?
From what I can see the antenna connections are worth checking but I don’t have the tools to do this myself.

Many thanks!
Marta

You may want to try using the networks and wifi differently.
Is this a network problem with 4G which transmits on the 2.4Ghz band.

If so ensure the bluetooth is off as it also uses 2.4Ghz

If you use wifi on 2.4GHz then again ensure bluetooth is off when you try to connect or set the phone to 5G for wifi if you want to use bluetooth at the same time.

Also if you use 2.4GHz wifi then put phone into aeroplane mode then re-enable wifi

If you want to use 4G network ensure wifi and bluetooth are both off.

Most phones try and find the best signal wifi 2.4 : wifi 5 : 4G : 5G ans searching and switching can bring up the problems especially connected to bluetooth being on.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

1 Like

Issues about connectivity on the FP2 are too common to immediately consider this as a core-module failure. Feel free to open a topic to ask for advice on the forum before trying to find another core-module and tell what you have already tried, or try contacting a fairphoneangel who might be able to help you.

1 Like

Thank you!
There doesn’t seem to be a problem with WiFi though, rather the mobile connectivity.

Thanks Alex,
I have contacted the Fairphone help desk and they suggested it might be a failed core module after a few bits of info they have asked.
From what I can se on the forum (I did have a look!) it could be an antenna connectivity issue which might be easily rectified .
How do I get in touch with a Fairphone angel please?
Thank you! M

1 Like

That would mean you would need a new antenna cable? You might want to open up the phone and check if the cable is well connected, in a good state, etc… But that would require you removing the plate of the main board, see this guide until step 10 (:warning: you might deal harm to your phone if not careful!).

fairphoneangels is a link, just click on it :wink:

I will try these, thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.