Locked out phone

Hi there,

My daughter has a Fairphone 3. She was playing around with it, put in a passnumber while watching TV. Immediately forgot what the number was and is now locked out. Can anyone point me to where I can find out how to bypass the passnumber. Is it possible?

Thanks

Hi Welcome to the forum.

The answer is really Oops! there isn’t a way as it’s a security feature. You will have to do a factory reset.

https://support.fairphone.com/hc/en-us/articles/360048350352-FP3-Factory-reset-erase-all-data-

1. Press and hold together the Power button and the Volume Down button for about 10 seconds

2. Pay attention to the screen of your FP3/FP3+. Once the writing Fast boot mode appears briefly, release the buttons

3. A text appears with Start as the title, in green

4. Use the Volume buttons to change to Recovery mode, in red

5. Press briefly the Power button to select.
    Wait for 5 to 10 seconds. Once the phone reaches the system recovery, you’ll see an Android robot lying on its back. You’ll also see the message No command.

6. Now, press and hold the Power button, then press and release the Volume Up button. A new menu with blue, yellow, and white text will appear.

7. Use the Volume Up or Volume Down buttons to select Wipe data/factory reset.

8. Select Yes – delete all user data to confirm that you want to delete your personal information.

9. Again, confirm tapping the Power button.
    Once the action is complete, all the way at the bottom left, in white small text, the message Data wipe complete will briefly appear. The Recovery system menu will appear once again.

10. Use the Volume Up or Volume Down buttons to select Reboot system now.

11. One last time, confirm tapping the Power button and wait for your device to restart

You are done! The first boot will take longer than usual, as the system has to initialize

4 Likes

Thanks for that, I suspected as much. There were a few words stronger than oops flying around. Factory settings have been restored.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.