Lock screen - how to stop my name displayed

Forgive me if that’s obvious.
I just realised that if the screen is locked and you press emergency my name is displayed, I guess Google account does that.
Is there any way to stop it?
Some web search directed me to settings but I could not find it in my Android, I also could not change it in my Google account settings.
I understand the usefulness of this strategy but I would rather have a more personalized text there.

Is there something in the settings I am missing?

Hi,
if it’s emergency info you’d better go to Safety & Emergency > Medical Information as outlined in this article.
It’s also useful to put a trusted phone number in case you need it, or your phone gets lost and a good Samaritan finds it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi thanks for the reply. I added the emergency contact and I fully appreciate this option.
But this is not the use case I am asking.
I would like to personalise the text shown on lock screen that appears when you tap emergency. I checked that it appears in the same way regardless my emergency settings (screenshot attached)
I might be weird but if I am at a social event and leave my phone, I wish for some personalised content not my full name and surname

You see the user account name… Without Google I see owner (Eigentümer in German)

Maybe you can change that?

Its under Settings-System

Hi, thanks for checking.
I am afraid it won’t work though, this is what I see

And I dont feel like adding multiple users will change much and it might be a nuisance.

Dont add multiple users however when you click on it you see the current user and might be able to change the name by clicking on this user

This is what I see when I click multiple users, and I cannot see any other thing to tap. Will explore Google related sites a bit more. Thanks!

Ok maybe I see it because I tested multiple user. It will not harm to enable and disable to see if you can than change the name. When you enable, a guest user is created.

Yes, it did work, at least partially :slight_smile:

I could change the system name. Still lockscreen emergency tap reveals the original set of name and surname. I guess it’s a Google thing

yes then I guess so as well😏

1 Like

thanks All for all your help.
I tinkered with my google account, and emergency/safety app. The phone needed a few reboots (no idea why one was not enough) to finally understand what I meant. I was able to change my name and surname to my facebook login, which is not ideal but much better in social gatherings I had in mind (I do not usually leave my phone unattended in strictly public places). I guess I could put any name though.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.