Location services icon is showing, despite being turned off

Here’s them stats. As you can see in the top bar, location services icon is visible as ON.

When checking the quicksettings or full settings, its clearly OFF.

My GPS app asks me to activate it, which tells me GPS really is off. But the icon thing is quite distracting.

What do i do to get rid of it? I shall happily provide any info you need.

You seem to use Fairphone Open. Still: Do you have Google services installed, or are you using Mozilla, or any other NLP provider? My guess: You are using an app which is using the rough location estimation from network and/or W-LAN (Wifi) provider. This can happen even in the background, there are numerous apps checking location in the background. Maybe they are causing the location symbol in the top bar to appear. Check Einstellungen -> Nutzer: Standort. In case you have activated something else than just “Nur Gerät” this may cause the issue.

1 Like

Hi Amber

Yup, I use Gapps Pico. I don’t have that option you described in Einstellungen/Nutzer/Standort. I do have an option “Standort” in the settings, but that’s off.

The location icon is gone though. No idea why.

Not in the user profiles like in your screenshot, but in Einstellungen -> Standort. The “Standort” item is is located under “Nutzer” part right on the main setting page (in FP2 GMS).

Hi Amber

Thanks for your reply. I checked in Standort. Its device only and the first three google items are deactivated.

Three apps have used location services lately. All of them are device only.

Interesting: I last used the TWRP installer in February to update TWRP so I could install the newest gapps after updating fp open os. It being on the list tells me that either I have no more apps using gps than that or the twrp app is regularly checking location for some reason since February.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.