Location based profile apps not working on FP2

Btw: The addon mentioned before is called ‘Map addon for Llama’?

Yes, that’s it. From kebabapps

I saw your response while trying to find the solution to cell id issues. Would the workaround you mentioned not consume more battery, since it’s location and not cell ID based? I had a Nexus 5X and the Cell ID detection was working on that. Not been able to figure out how to fix this on Moto G with Lollipop.

With the recent updates it should be a non issue. In fact, I’m using Tasker with cell ids for a long time now

Sorry for gravedigging into an old topic, but which update are you referring to? My Fairphone 2 should have the latest updates (I bought it at the start of this year), I’m running FP Open 16.12.0 and I still have the same problem described in this topic…

This was long before 16.12. Did you already try some app and fail? Or it out just a question for being prepared?

I tried both llama (which I had been using on my previous phone) and now I’m using automagic. LLama reports only a single cell, even if I travel a long distance.

FP Open comes without Satelite and Wifi Location Services. I don’t know if the Apps you are talking about can work without those.
Try downloading and configuring microg UnifiedNLP + backends and see if that helps.

I dropped llama, because of problems (needed an additional llama plugin, for cell locating) and switched to Tasker. Was the right decision. I did many things with llama on my former phone, but Tasker is way more powerful (which naturally includes a learning curve, but there are great groups for help). Also, llama seems to be unmaintained. At least last time i looked

Try downloading and configuring microg UnifiedNLP1 + backends and see if that helps.

I have those configured and, at least for the Automagic trial app, I’m able to use the network location from those providers so that’s a viable workaround. Still, based on lklaus’ post from half a year ago, I thought there was an update that could fix this.

I dropped llama, because of problems (needed an additional llama plugin, for cell locating) and switched to Tasker. Was the right decision. I did many things with llama on my former phone, but Tasker is way more powerful (which naturally includes a learning curve, but there are great groups for help).

I also removed llama and am now testing automagic, for similar reasons. However, I don’t intend to install the Google Mobile Services or the Google Play client on my phone. Does the paid version of tasker work without those, e.g. if I download it with Raccoon? The developer no longer offers the direct-purchase version according to this faq.

Sorry, can’t say anything definitive. As i need to use Google services (push), i also can use the “standard” way to get that app. At the cost of added complexity with xposed/xprivacy and also some added appopsxposed. Really funny, where Google maps locates me :wink: