LineageOS backup tools

It better does … I use Open GApps pico 7.1 and there’s no GBoard or other surprising stuff installed here.

Edit: From pico to super, Open GApps stock is the first package to have the Google Keyboard.
(In the version information it is called com.google.android.inputmethod.latin, same as in the Play Store.)

I just downloaded 8.1 pico and stock … stock has GApps/keyboardgoogle-arm.tar.lz, pico has not.

What’s the name and filesize of your downloaded Open GApps?

The name is:
open-gapps-arm-8.1-stock-20180301.zip, size: 746.851.526 bytes.

So you installed stock, not pico.
Logic is restored :slight_smile: .

Off course not satisfied I surged for a solution and have found it:

Not the Gboard app but the the ‘WiFiKeyboard’ app from FDroid did it! Alongside that one I have installed the ‘AnySoftKeyboard’ app as online keyboard and still the ‘Android-Tastatur (ASOP)’. At the settings under ‘Sprachen & Eingabe’ (= languages and input) I could set the ‘Physische Tastatur’ to ‘deutsch’ and now all the inputs, at online keyboard and at BT keyboard, are correct!
Edit:
Strange, WiFi and BT are different technologies, but I need a WiFi app to work with a BT keyboard.

You may be right! When I downloaded the open gapps I choose ‘pico’ and have got the file mentioned. Therefore I thought, it should have been the ‘pico’ version.

you can deavtivate the map in the start screen in the settings of the app… afterwards you don’t have any more problems… :wink:
Well I don’t miss or need any map in the app, so I deactivated it for me…

you can find it under: main-menu->settings (in the top)->Show map (Karte anzeigen)

all the best,
basti

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.