LineageOS 14.1 Wifi disconnects in standby

I’m using LineageOS 14.1 (2018-07-19 Nightly) on my FP2. Everything is working pretty good, except for my wifi, which is really annoying. When my Phone is in standby for about 15min the wifi will (often) disconnect. For some reason it doesnt seem to pick up mobile data as well during this time, so until active it again it’s without internet connection, meaning I sometimes reacive Whatsapp etc messages with huge delay. I’ve had this issue since my switch from the FP2 OS to Lineage half a year ago.

After some googling I found that some people might have similar issues, but I’m not sure if it’s version specific or device specific. Do you have wifi issues as well? And did any of you find a fix for it?

Best wishes
jack

There is a setting to turn off Wi-Fi when the phone is not in use:

It’s found at “Settings” → “Wireless & Networks” → “Wi-Fi” → “…” → “Advanced” → “Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep”.

1 Like

Thanks, but I already have it set on “Always” (forgot to mention that!), doens’t do anything :confused:

Is the behaviour the same for every WiFi network you connect to?

I’ve seen that effect occasionally with my WiFi at home, but for instance never at work.
Could perhaps be related to bad reception or 2.4 GHz/ 5 GHz WiFi .

1 Like

afaik there is no difference between different networks. Besides my home wifi I have my neighbors wifi registered as well, which is always in reach of my phone, but it won’t stay connected to that one as well. Same goes for my work and university wifi.

To be honest, I have no idea where I can check if the wifi is 2.4 or 5 GHz. Do I need an extra app for that?

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.