Lineage-18.1: Unofficial test build

Android 6 I believe.

Well, if we upgrade blobs, we should go to latest available FP2 image (even 9 betas).

Now for fairphone, I am not sure to what extend this is useful, as they are not maintained by Qualcomm, so they (and now I guess) are partially fixed by fairphone.com (when they come from BSP compiled sources) to get stuff done or they are real blobs. Anyway, they won’t contain vendor security fixes because fairphone.com doesn’t have access (because they don’t exist because Qualcomm never maintained them).

So is blob upgrade useful? Maybe.

Chris

1 Like

Here’s the diff:
diff --git a/gps/loc_api/ds_api/Android.mk b/gps/loc_api/ds_api/Android.mk
index 18ab617…9a8eff8 100644
— a/gps/loc_api/ds_api/Android.mk
+++ b/gps/loc_api/ds_api/Android.mk
@@ -26,10 +26,7 @@ LOCAL_CFLAGS +=
-fno-short-enums
-D_ANDROID_

-LOCAL_COPY_HEADERS_TO:= libloc_ds_api/
-
-LOCAL_COPY_HEADERS:= \
-    ds_client.h
+LOCAL_EXPORT_C_INCLUDE_DIRS := $(LOCAL_PATH)

LOCAL_LDFLAGS += -Wl,--export-dynamic

Yes, I have used the latest one from Pie(for which the base is Android 6).

I would strongly suggest. Because, if not for all then at least for netmgrd(I understand that we’ve taken from oppo_msm8974 but still it would be better if we have FP’s blobs.

Hence I request if anybody can confirm if everything is working in the shared build.

Thanks.

I don’t know why your build is broken. I see no one else changed this, but it’s true the LOCAL_COPY_HEADERS is deprecated. Can you post your build commands and the error message?

Chris

I upgraded without wiping data, and everything seems to work :smiley:

• reboot to TWRP
  • flash LOS-18.1 zip
  • flash opengapps-pico-11-test zip
  • clear Dalvik/ Cache
  • reboot to system

Trust complained that image is signed with public keys, but that’s all (I could dismiss this message in Trust options)

Thants to every contributor <3

EDIT: seems that Magisk didn’t survive the upgrade, but Manager is still installed so I can reinstall 21.4 from there :slight_smile:
EDIT2: not possible from the Manager, so I flashed it with TWRP:

• flash Magisk 21.4 zip
4 Likes

Thank both of you so much for (yet again) keeping the FP2 alive on the software side! :tada:
Would you recommend to install this test build as daily driver? Would it be possible to update to the official build after final release?

Or is it similar to the test builds for LOS17.1?

Looking forward to testing :star_struck:

Just a week after my FP2 died :sob: (screen doesn’t turn on, even after changing it, phone works well through scrcpy though). I have a spare one with antenna problems, I’ll try that build on it…

1 Like

Thanks a lot to both of you for all your work make that true! :+1:
Just wanted to mention that in my case the FP2 is not able to connect to a Fritzbox 7490 when WPA mode “WPA2+WPA3” is set. If it’s set to “WPA2 (CCMP)” then it’s all working fine (it easily connects to Wifi).

5 Likes

And that was working with 17.1?

Chris

Sorry, didn’t try that out. May check this another day.

Just in case you haven’t followed it, there is also a WPA3 issue with the current Fairphone OS (Android 10) on the Fairphone 3. Not sure if this might mean anything for this build, too.

1 Like

I’ve also thought in that but I think it’s a bit different. FP3 can connect but uses WPA 2 only. But strange enough I even couldn’t connect. I had to change the router WPA configuration to be able to connect.

1 Like

I’ve now tried it out with the current 17.1 nightly.
It works with LineageOS 17.1 but connects only via WPA 2. I think 17.1 does not support WPA 3.
Probably 18 supports WPA 3 but does not work well with my router so it can’t connect at all. If I configure the router to WPA 2 only it connects fine because WPA 3 is not attempted…

2 Likes

AFAIK FP2 does not support WPA3, so you will only get a WPA2-secured connection anyway.

Doesn’t it just depend on the version of Android? Starting from 10 WPA3 is supported, not before.
https://source.android.com/devices/tech/connect/wifi-wpa3-owe

I know this behavior from different other (older) devices. It is related to the PMF option which is switch on in transition mode (wpa2+wpa3) automaticly and could not be switched off.

AVM says, some devices do not use WPA3 unless the network is reintroduced (deleted and stored one more time):

https://at.avm.de/service/fritzbox/fritzbox-7490/wissensdatenbank/publication/show/3544_WLAN-Verbindung-wird-nur-mit-WPA2-statt-WPA3-hergestellt/

I actually had to do that with A.0066 while WPA3 was still working

The system was factory reset and it was the initial attempt to connect to the WIFI network. So there was nothing to be deleted…
Apart from that it didn’t connect at all (not only WPA2 instead of WPA3).

I have used the test build on my spare FP2 and I haven’t noticed any issues :+1:
I am considering to update my main phone as well to give it more thorough testing :wrench::muscle:

@chrmhoffmann
Would you recommend to install this test build as daily driver? Would it be possible to update to the official build after final release?

Or is it similar to the test builds for LOS17.1 where key migration was not possible?