Lineage 17.1 - FP2

Just to be super-sure: “latest recovery” is the link next to the official image ( lineage-17.1-20200402-recovery-FP2.img )?
Or latest TWRP (3.3.1-1)?
I’m asking because there’s a 5 MB difference between those two files…

2 Likes

It works with TWRP 3.3.1-1.

4 Likes

So it is safe now?
I can install it and install gapps (I want to use nano) without wiping anything?

1 Like

Are there reports if https://github.com/WeAreFairphone/flashable-zip_microG works yet?

I used the LOS recovery. It’s not described in the installation wiki (there it’s still dine with TWRP), but I figured it out. LOS recovery is much simpler TWRP, I like more the latter, but wanted to try the first.

2 Likes

The system-as-root partition is no longer read-only. It is now possible to alter files via adb root.

WiFi is now strangely unreliable (Lineage 16.0 had no issues whatsoever)

• Android suddenly finds my WiFi has “limited connectivity” (WTF? How does Android “detect” this?)
  • Connecting anyway leads to a sluggish and unreliable performance
  • Forgetting and newly connecting doesn’t change a thing
  • Changing frequencies (2,4 / 5) doesn’t change a thing
  • Changing to mobile data resolves the issues

I assume this still holds

1 Like

No, it doesn’t work yet. We need to wait for some upstream changes in microG and rework the installer to adapt to some platform changes. Sorry, :confused:

Asking out of curiosity: does LOS17 still have a Radio FM app?

3 Likes

OK. I’ll stick to TWRP then.

One last question: I wanted to “format data”, but I get a warning that I will “loose my backups, pictures, video and medias” :fearful: does that wipe the /sdcard directory as well?

Thanks!

Yes, there is a Radio FM app! :wink:

2 Likes

I just wiped everything except internal and external storage, flashed zips in this order:

1. lineage
  2. opengapps
  3. magisk 20.4

then rebooted: I now have an … upgraded Lineage 17 :thinking:
All my previous apps and settings are still here. Did I miss something?

That looks like a standard upgrade procedure to me. Why are you surprised it’s working? :wink:
Or did you come from the unofficial preview version?

I was on official Lineage 16 so I expected it to work of course :wink:

But I didn’t want to do an upgrade, but a fresh install to start anew, and reinstall only the apps I need. I tried wiping again to make a factory reset, but all my apps are still here…

How can I make such a reset? I’d like to keep what was usually in /sdcard (Downloads, pictures, etc.). I’m using TWRP 3.3.1-1 in case it’s relevant…

Thanks!

Can I flash Magisk later or do I have to flash it with the first installation like I have to do with gapps?

You can flash it later.
As a matter of fact, I initially flashed it along the other lineage and opengapps but it didn’t install. I re-flashed it alone afterwards and it was fine.

2 Likes

Thanks @chrmhoffmann! Works fine and smooth :+1:

3 Likes

I’m on yesterday’s build and only noticed one issue so far.
wifidisplay has the same problem I already noticed in the preview version: it starts to connect, then the external display changes as if it is about to render the phone screen, but the phone then restarts and the connection is lost (of course).

Logcat at
https://privatebin.at/?5f2a009d7b005292#HPEUrDHrFJLhn6W87Qs51PASW6weNVEAAhkjvDaav3V8

I think the important part starts at 04-03 12:44:35.763 but all earlier entries of today are included as well.

I noticed today that “Rooted debugging” is missing in the developer options on Lineage 17.1.

Edit: After updating to lineage-17.1-20200403-nightly-FP2-signed.zip the option is there again.

The nightly updater will not work through automatic lineage updater. You will need to download the zip manually and flash again like the initial installation.

Note: reinstall of gapps will not be required then.
Note2: obviously no need to wipe.
Note3: should be fixed in next nightly (https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_device_fairphone_FP2/+/272148)

8 Likes

Let’s see if this helps for livedisplay:
https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_device_fairphone_FP2/+/272151

5 Likes