Lineage 17.1 - FP2

Sure, but only once you implemented it in the setup wizard. I have very little coding experience and wouldn’t know to do it, not even how to apply your patch. That’s why I said: it’s not easy :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sounds like the implementation in the official LOS isn’t finished yet.

2 Likes

First of all, I’m sorry but I didn’t read the whole thread if my problem had maybe already been described.

Did someone already experienced a strange behavior after installing an update of LOS? It seems like that since some months the first start is much faster as in the past, but after entering my pin and unlocking my phone, the update still doesn’t seem to be finished.
When I open an app which needs internet, like firefox, it starts without showing any interface and then after some seconds the LOS logo is shown again, but this time it keeps way longer than the first time. Afterwards it seems to work properly.

I’m not sure, but it seems like the app-optimization is not included any longer in the first start after the installation of an update, but is started afterwards. Well it’s not a bug, that leaves my FP2 unusable, but it’s still bit annoying and makes the update-process a bit longer as it needs to be.

Strange indeed. I never experienced this issue and haven’t seen anyone mentioning it in the topic. Did you try a factory reset, or reinstalling the OS?

Right now, I’m a bit stressed and need all of my time for finishing my thesis, but yes that could be a solution.

1 Like

Is there any news about the mobile data reconnect problem?

My FP2 with a current Lineage 17.1 can connect exactly once to the mobile data network. Once it is disconnected a reboot is required to connect it again.

Is there in the meantime a solution or workaround?

Hi everyone,

Does someone know if LineageOS has an (un)official forum regarding their OS?
I have some questions about the software, but I cannot seem to find a place where I can ask them.

Thanks in advance,

Wouter

1 Like

Hi,
I also searched for that… but no way, even on XDA forums…

The workaround for me is to enable airplane mode for min. 60 seconds and enable it afterwards.

1 Like

I haven’t had it for the last month, though as it comes back really randomly, I don’t know whether I can call it solved for me.

That’s exactly what I had at the beginning as well, then airplane mode started triggering it as well. Do you also observe the space in the status bar between the network and battery symbols as described higher in the topic?
How long do you wait once you switch it on again before declaring the bug was triggered? I observed that waiting a bit longer (1-2 mins) sometimes helped.

Though it doesn’t work if it’s the “hard” bug, does it? It only works if it’s the “soft” bug, doesn’t it? Airplane mode and switching mobile data off both triggered the bug for me.

Rebooting the phone :man_shrugging: :slight_smile:

Quoting any of their official phone wiki pages (e.g the FP3’s):

You can find assistance with LineageOS on our subreddit, or in #LineageOS on freenode.

My new recognition is that 60 seconds airplane mode are long enough to overcome even the “hard” bug.

1 Like

Does your data plan support VoLTE or not? I do not know if not using it will trigger the bug or not, I am just asking.

I tried that and that IRC channel is … well … I had more helpful IRC experience in other channels (on different topics). :man_shrugging:

With the version 30.11. I didn’t have the flight mode. Can I just flash that version to get that back?
With the update from 16.11. I have no more mobile data. Nothing worked.

I suppose you mean 30.10?

Yes. I have already downgraded to a later build without any data loss, everything should work fine. Though that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t do a preventive backup.

Strange, I have no bugs with this build, and neither do my two other family members who are on it AFAICT…

Hi Friek! I don’t have any mobile data issues and I’m running the last official build (which is named lineage-17.1-20201113-nightly-FP2-signed.zip btw, is it this one you refer with “16.11” ?)

Perhaps you should check your APN settings, that Data is ON on SIM card settings, and that Data on roaming is allowed (strangely sometimes I have to activate that even if I stay in the same country :wink: )

1 Like

Btw., I tried a SeedVault backup last WE after the last update, and it worked fine. Big downside being only half of my apps were backed up (because some didn’t have any data, others hadn’t been used lately (and it doesn’t back it up because of that reason??? :roll_eyes:), and most didn’t allow a backup), but at least this time it went to the end. I will try restoring it on my backup device, but ATM I lent it, so it’ll wait.

I’m definitely looking forward the backing up of the complete data partition SeedVault is implementing. When this will be available and working, and restoring will be a bit easier, I’ll perhaps switch to it from my TWRP backups (which, although they work well, aren’t that optimal).

3 Likes

I have not missed flight (airplane) mode in any build so far. Maybe you have been looking for the icon on the top panel? It can be customized, AFAIK.

Why?    

For multiple reasons:

• they’re more tedious than a SeedVault backup
  • they don’t backup data/media and my trick to back it up doesn’t always work well aparently, and pulling it via adb requires a computer, which means the two backups are in two difrerent places.
  • TWRP can’t decrypt data, and although my phone isn’t encrypted, my brother’s is.
  • for the moment TWRP is the best option IMO, with the most complete backup. But if SeedVault implements the backup of the data partition, it will become more convenient than TWRP.
1 Like