Lineage 17.1 - FP2

#mobiledataissue
I had it again once last week. I noticed one thing: I know when I have the issue because there is a little space on the status bar between the battery and the mobile data icons. Each time I had this little space on the status bar, I had the mobile data issue at the same time, so I think it’s correlated. Can anyone confirm (@DeepSea)?

No, unfortunately not.

Probably. Could you post a screenshot when it occurs again?

1 Like

Sure, if I get it again.

1 Like

Do you remember what you were doing before the crash occured?

1 Like

I have sent a dm on Oct 8th.
Not sure if he’s seen my message or not.

I’ve noticed two things (both in the context of using OsmAnd.

1. The GPS doesn’t seem to work correctly when the display is turned off. I tried the track recording a few times, but it always interrupts when the display is off.
  2. I don’t know if it is LOS or OsmAnd but during the navigation the speak is working now. I haven’t GAPPS installed and for a couple of months the only really good solution was to install Googles TTS engine.
    I know, that until LOS 15.1 (16 too?) there was Pico TTS natively installed but with LOS17.1 it’s gone and no alternative was there.
    When I don’t install a TTS I don’t have an option for TTS in the settings, so I’m not sure if with one of the last updates of LOS17.1 there changed something concerning LOS and TTS.
    Does anybody knows something about this?

By the way: I cant confirm any performance issues. It isnt as smooth at it probably was with Android 5.1. (can’t remember) but we are on Android 10 now and taking this into consideration in my opinion it is still smooth.

Are you sure you didn’t allow location permission to OSMand only when in use (new feature coming with android 10)? It happened to me once as well, and I then only remembered I hadn’t allowed location permission permanently.

I haven’t tested android 5.1 on FP2, but I totally agree.

1 Like

Hello,
I’ve tried going back to 16, but after flashing in TWRP (switched to 3.2.1.0) while booting, I only ever get the LineAge logo. Any suggestions? I wiped before flashing as well.

Did you only wipe, or did you “Format Data” (there’s a button for that in TWRP)?

2 Likes

I have experienced two bugs, an obvious one, and another I would like to ask the community about for input:

• “LiveDisplay”: The description of this function (“Settings” -> “Display”) does not update after the language has been changed (from “German (Austria)” to “English (Austria)” in my case).
  • “LiveDisplay”: Obviously, I had some overnight reboots after I set up and configured a second FP2, no additional apps installed. I did not care so much about it, because that phone is not my daily driver, but I wanted to find out if there were essential different settings to the other (main) phone, which I am currently using. What I found was an option named “LiveDisplay” used to automatically switch colour temperature of the display at night. This feature is enabled by default. I have to admit that I do not like this mode at all, so I switched it off on my main device (that has absolutely no reboots) at the very beginning. As soon as I did the same on the other phone (around five days ago), the reboots were gone. I do not know if those reboots have anything to do with this function, I just wanted to report my experience in this regard. Should you suffer from overnight reboots as well, you might want to switch that display mode off, too, and see what happens.

Any comments are appreciated. Thanks!

1 Like

I did an advanced wipe.

To be on the safe side, you really need to format the data partition, not only wipe it.

4 Likes

Can’t confirm, but I didn’t update my phone for three weeks, so it may be because of a specific build.

Well, it might be. I remember similar reports about LiveDisplay creating reboots on /e/ for FP3 (hmm, I just checked and I haven’t found anything about this, it seems I didn’t remember correctly)

But, talking from my experience, I have had this feature activated from the start, found it quite convenient, and never experienced reboots overnight (I did experience a few reboots but it seems to be a connection problem between the screen and core-module, not software).
Did you try switching Live Display again on your spare device, to see whether the reboots start again?

1 Like

Thanks a lot :slight_smile:
I only allowed when it, when OsmAnd is in use.
Now it seems to record again and also navigation with display turned off, doesn’t lose the GPS signal.

1 Like

No, I did not, but it is worth a try. I just wanted to avoid carrying two phones with me. :wink:

Why would you need to carry two phones with you? :wink: To know if you have a reboot in your absence, you can use BatteryBotPro from F-Droid, it gives you a very precise log of all the phone’s actions (charge, reboot, etc).

1 Like

Thanks for your advice, I will take a look at it.

1 Like

OK, regarding “LiveDisplay”, just forget what I recently posted about reboots, I have had another one this morning. I will fold a piece of paper now to tighten the battery a little more, maybe that helps.

Edit: It did not…

1 Like

It has appeared again, LineageOS version 17.1-20201009-NIGHTLY-FP2. Do you want me to update to the latest version?

I enabled flight mode for min. 30 seconds, then disabled it, and am back online…

1 Like

Why not :man_shrugging: I haven’t yet updated, so I still have the build from a month ago… and haven’t had the issue for a week. It really seems to be random.
Btw., did you have the little space in the status bar between the battery and the mobile data signal I mentioned?

For me sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t…