Lineage 17.1 - FP2

Judging by the clock time on your top left, which is different to my Lineage OS install, could it be possible that you are using another launcher that probably interferes with the UI?

I am pretty sure that when silent mode was switched off and I tapped on the silent mode tile in the short version of quick settings, the main window always opened.
It does not open when silent mode is switched on and I tap on the silent mode tile.

I just use the preinstalled launcher trebuchet.

Maybe it is a stupid question, but did you reboot the phone and try again afterwards?

If you want to access DND settings while on the short version of the quick settings, you can do a long tap. But as @DeepSea said, this is expected behavior.

Yes, I tried it a couple of times.

You could temporarily uninstall Battery Bot Pro and see if that helps.

Today I temporarily uninstalled Battery Bot Pro. The only difference was, that the non function settings window just closed without starting the app.

I think I cannot follow: When the app has been uninstalled, why should it start? Which app do you mean instead?

New update and all bugs are still there :persevere:.
Until Lineage 17.1 I didn’t mind the few random reboots of my FP2. But in combination with the bug, that makes booting the phone take ages it is really annoying. And flight mode still doesn’t work properly. I’m too thinking of going back to Lineage 16.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. With “the app” I meant Battery Bot Pro. It can’t start, when it is not installed, of course.

I still don’t know whether the following is a software or hardware issue (even though I suspect it is a hardware one).
Recently I have been having problems sending audio messages (via whatsapp or telegram), recording voice memos through the stock app, and taking calls. In the last usecase I can usually get around the issue by using the speakerphone functionality (moreover I noticed that when recording videos the audio gets recorded).
I guess that only the main mic is not working properly. My question is: is this software related (i.e. have any other users experienced this issue) or is it most probably a hardware one? In the latter case I guess I have to replace the bottom module, is it right?

Hi there and welcome in the community!
If it is software, try installing another OS or a #dic:factorydatareset.
But it indeed seems to be software. Is there a #fairphoneangel in your area to help you test working spare parts?

I would guess you have to replace the bottom module,but you can start with disassembling and cleaning…to check functionality of the primary mic you can download the Fairphone checkup app from Fdroid store.

3 Likes

Well I’m confused because I don’t have problems with mine: data on/off is working fine 99% of the time, Bluetooth connection to my car is now stable, DnD works as expected…

The only problem I have is WiFi tethering that usually errors but works after 5-10 trials.

I use the latest update, with latest modem and OpenGApps.

1 Like

Hey Matthieu i am glad, that you don’t have problems with your data function. 4G works also by my Fairphone the most time. But if 4G is not available. 3G or rather H+ appears on the display but in 99% the data connection did not work then…
To make matters worse, the calling function did not work with 4G (because there is no option for Voice over LTE) only with 3G, so i can’t even start or get calls. This is getting better from update to update but the calls works only maybe in 80 % of this cases.

Regarding the issue switching between WiFi and LTE, or from flightmode back to LTE:
Immediately after restarting my phone (and entering the pin) I can switch between wifi and LTE without any problem. After approximately five minutes of wifi usage, LTE doesn’t come back when I deactivate wifi. I wondered: Could this indicate where the issue is caused? What happens during this time that cannot be recovered after some time?

3 Likes

I found another issue related to LTE.
When using 2 SIM cards, the one used for LTE sometimes get stuck on EDGE.
When going in the settings, I can not set the preferred network type to 4G anymore (it is available in the list but if I select it, the setting stays on 2G).

I found one convoluted way to (temporarily) fix it: enable mobile data on the other SIM card, then the setting can be changed on the first card, then enable mobile data on the first card.

This bug does not seem to happen when using only 1 SIM card.
I will try to get some logs with logcat.

This combined with the wifi/LTE bug makes the phone really hard to use when traveling :confused: I am considering switching back to Fairphone Open because of this.

1 Like

Normally on a Fairphone 2 one can set only 1 sim to 4G and the other sim has to be on 2G.
It doesn’t matter which sim gets the 4G as long as the other sim is on 2G.
Perhaps this is also so when the Fairphone 2 is on Lineage.
I don’t have Lineage, so I can’t tell.

How long did you wait? Although I use only one SIM card, I sometimes have EDGE only, too, but LTE comes back after three or four minutes. (I did not move the phone during this period.)