Finally managed to ‘remove’ encryption:
- backup done with TWRP
- formatted data
- restored the backup
- deleted /data/misc/vold/convert_fde (to prevent that after system reboot the device is re-encryted on boot
- ran Berta’s migration script
- installed lineage 16 and gapps nano
Will start to to check now the phone and all apps.
First points I noticed:
- Trust has given a warning ‘This build was signed with public keys’, where I don’t no if this is really an issue or not.
- The app ‘notification manager’ works now again without crashing. With lineage 14 it worked, with lineage 15 it always crashed, now with lineage 16 it works again
- One banking app does not recognize the PIN at startup time
More feedback will follow.