Light rattling sound when laying the phone down

I noticed a slight “rattling” sound from the camera module when I hold the phone in my hand and tap the back cover slightly with my finger. It sounds as there is something loose inside the camera module. However the camera including auto focus works fine and everything seems to be mounted properly.

Is this the normal behaviour? I never experienced this with other phones - on the other hand the camera modules of these phones where usually also much smaller.

That’s completely normal, see above :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I could say that from mar 2022 (see my previous posts) and the end of 2022 me too I start hear this rattle, putting down the phone.

Efit: may 2022, not march.

Hello
I have the same problem and was able to determine that two loose contact pins are the cause. I am currently trying to clarify the matter with Murena support. After all, the FP4 was not cheap! I guess that this is normal, but of course I complain about this on such an expensive phone.
See photos.

Greetings, Andreas

1 Like

Hi and welcome to the community forum.

Interesting… I would have thought they are made “loose” by design, for whatever reason…and if not I think the price does not matter.

1 Like

These contacts are not loose. These are spring loaded “pogo pins” and only become “loose” when the back cover is not mounted. As soon as you put the back cover back on, the pins will be pushed against the respective contact spots for the NFC antenna in the back cover and can not move any longer due to the springs they have inside.

Indeed the reason for the “rattling” is one of the camera modules where the lenses can move slightly to adjust the focus. You can easily reproduce the noise by sightly tapping the camera module. When switching the camera from normal view to wide angel you may also hear a slight “click” noise when the lense of the other camera is moved into the correct position to focus.

2 Likes

Thank you for answer. I think its right, the camera module is he responsable part. But the question is, its a fail or not?

Greetings, Andreas

No, that is not a failure. With other phones this often happens too. I have tested that with a Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite and a quite new iPhone SE - the same, it also rattles slightly when you tap the camera module.

2 Likes