Let's have some #fun!

Not bad, but not quite, it’s more like …

Power you on, if you’d rather unlock waking up without the phone… :wink:

(The first part is using completely wrong grammar, the middle part is fine, in the last part it’s not the phone that’s supposed to wake up, else it would be “aufzuwecken”.
Automatic translators just have to love German, both DeepL and Google get the last part wrong … although DeepL is able to get the last part for itself right without the context … interesting.)

4 Likes

Just thought I’d share with you this very rare glimpse of 19th Century computing.

Painted in 1879 by Edgar Degas, Edmond Duranty Working at his Computer is a remarkable and very forward-looking work. Of course the only part of the computer that’s shown, is the mouse pad …

Image shows Burrell Portrait of Edmond Duranty

You can see the original work in the Burrell Collection, Glasgow, Scotland.

4 Likes

It’s no wonder that only the mousepad is shown: Edgar Degas and Edmond Duranty were having a video conference and Edgar Degas simply took a screenshot. :point_up:

3 Likes

An impressionist screenshot, now that’s really avant-garde.

Note the all to common gesture with his left hand when things are not going to plan with the claw like right hand trying to grasp at reality.

18+ only

Ehh… Thanks @AlphaElwedritsch, but I’m not sure if I wanted to know that… :sweat_smile:
How to increase the haptic feedback? - #7 by FairphoneHulk

7 Likes

Whenever I hear of the issues with bricked Fairphones related to locked bootloaders, thinking about the pros and cons of locking the bootloader keeps reminding me of the pros and cons of the James Bond car theft protection.

6 Likes

Yes I have dwelt on such ideas, for many scenarios but a) it is illegal to endanger even a thief b) the phone isn’t worth all the trouble.

Oh! and c) it may go off in my pocket.

:boom:

4 Likes

After several problems with my FP3, probably caused by having opened it, and fixed thanks to being able to take it apart to clean it, I remembered an episode of the Simpsons in which Homer toasts to alcohol: the origin and, at the same time, the solution to all his problems!

Cheers to modularity! :beers:

modularity

5 Likes

I’m using E OS

image :question:

No, I’m using Edge, Oh Sh*t
Edge

(It actually also works with Microsoft Edge)

3 Likes

I hope anyone sees what I see.

20 Likes

I LOVE this :blue_heart: :blue_heart: very thoughtful to have put the quoted module in the middle as a nose :slight_smile: Thanks for sharing Urs!

7 Likes

Probably true for any tech company :wink:

7 Likes

Great Fairphone case/bag that fits all past, present and future Fairphone models! :face_with_hand_over_mouth::point_down:

12 Likes

Never forget that there have been iPod socks: iPod Socks - Wikipedia

:joy: :joy: :joy:

4 Likes

Thanks, the socks article has a link to this here …

If a simple (and small) microfibre cloth for 19 USD isn’t fun, then I don’t know.
Even more fun: It seems to sell extremely well.
And even more fun: iFixit did a teardown of it …

2021 MacBook Pro Teardown: A Glimpse at a Better Timeline | iFixit News … just scroll down a bit.

3 Likes

And I brought some old cloths of my grandmother to the clothing collection for recycling just this weekend. Had I known that I could’ve shred them up and sold them for 10 bucks a piece for display cleaning… xD

1 Like

Fortunately, Fairphone socks have never been for sale. To be honest: they are ugly as f***. :joy::joy::joy:

Or, to say it in some more kind words: they are special.

1 Like

O no, they are very attractive. I wear them in cold nights in bed :blush:

3 Likes

For most women that means 360 days a year :wink:

4 Likes