English

Launcher questions!

Hi all, I’m looking to find a launcher similar to the Google one that comes with the phone. As I have disabled Google on my phone I now have a none usable search box on the bottom of my screen.

Or could keep standard launcher but link this box to my preferred search engine ( duck duck go)

Many thanks.

A lot of people like Lawnchair for being open source, but I ended up using Nova to be able to set which screen pressing home twice goes to.

1 Like

I’m using Lawnchair 2, it looks just like the original launcher and I didn’t miss anything so far. My goal was to remove the Google search bar, but I wanted something that looks and behaves like the original launcher otherwise.
It’s quite sad that one has to install an app, just to remove an otherwise obligatory search bar.

3 Likes

If you don’t want to install from the Play Store, here’s Lawnchair on F-Droid (still version 1 currently, but does the job as well) …

https://f-droid.org/en/packages/ch.deletescape.lawnchair.plah/

4 Likes

for similarity to Pixel Launcher, I’d say that Action Launcher is a good shout. It looks very similar (if not identical) to pixel launcher and has a search box where you can change the search provider (If memory serves)

1 Like

This thread contains a discussion on launchers, and includes many recommendations (some FOSS, some proprietary, some mixed), including some basic reviews.