Kernel Downloads FP4

Why is there no recent boot image under Fairphone 4 Kernel Source Code — FAIRPHONE open source documentation
Im am missing the latest A12 based one B.041 as well as the ones for A.170 and A.175

2 Likes

That page has sadly always lagged behind by weeks / months.

For the Android 11 releases you can just use the files from the factory images, for the Android 12 release you’ll have to create the images yourself by merging A.175 with the OTA update files (or you can pull them from your phone, if you’re rooted).

1 Like

Does that makes sense? I mean it would be ok, if we could get the factory images for the recent versions (A12), too. But then the download page should not offer the download of any boot image (or all available/used ones)

2 Likes

No it doesn’t, but that’s how it is / has been since that page went online.

You aren’t the first to ask for timelier updates, but that doesn’t seem to reach the right people.
You can #contactsupport, that at least has the chance to maybe get forwarderd to someone who can update it.

If that sounds a bit defeatist, that’s because trying to communicate with Fairphone has finally worn me down.
I’ve personally not bothered to open that page in probably a year and use the other ways to get it :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

I’ve added the missing images for the remaining Android 11 versions and the Android 12 version: Fairphone 4 Kernel Source Code — FAIRPHONE open source documentation

The full factory package is hopefully also online soon.

11 Likes

Unfortunately, we are already 2 versions behind, again.

Maybe it is possible to provide the factory packages once the OTA is available and not oin request after several days/weeks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.