Issues with the forum

I just tested this after yesterday’s Discourse upgrade and apparently this bug seems fixed. Adding a new reply to an event topic no longer changes the order of events in the Agenda.

2 Likes

Is it just me or do notifications not disappear as quickly after you read messages since the last forum upgrade?

3 Likes

I didn’t notice it. Just as it was before for me.

I haven’t noticed it before today. A reload of the page immediately lets then disappear. So I’m not sure it’s related to the last forum maintenance.

1 Like

I just noticed that I can’t see the edit history of other users’ posts anymore.
The orange pencil icon with the edit count is still there, but doesn’t open the history anymore.

Is this an issue or an intentional change?

Question was already asked elsewhere. It appeared with a Discourse update. Not really intentional, not a issue either I would say.
Check this thread:

3 Likes

I have recognized that I could pick any post in the following thread as solution:

Is this intended?

It seems that when @AnotherElk moved the posts in the new topic, you were made creator of it. If you go in the summary of your profile, it is the same.
I doubt it is really intended though. It’s a consequence of the split of messages.

2 Likes

I use the mobile version of the forum quite a lot, and I have noticed a few issues that I don’t have with the desktop version:

• The CSS problem as said by @Volker higher, but the workaround works.
  • When I tap to open a topic (whether from latest, categories, or the overview at the end of a topic), I sometimes get the topic just higher although I was sure I had tapped at the right place (I know it’s tricky to be precise on a mobile, but still). Once it even brought me to a completely different topic that wasn’t even displayed.
    Though it could just be me of course.
  • When I tap on a button (any button), sometimes all clickable buttons on the page do a loop. How come? It’s not really a problem, but it’s a bit strange… I managed to get a screenshot:

Did anyone notice the same issues? (I’m using Fennec)

1 Like

I guess the cheat code is different on mobile.

5 Likes

Sometimes I don’t get the topic, but one of the tags, that are listed below it; but I guess, that con not be the problem in your case.

Well for me it’s the contrary, sometimes I want a tag, and I never manage to open the tag, it always opens the topic on which I tapped (where I can finally tap on the tag).

Since the last forum maintenance I have experienced problems with quoting. If the part I am quoting contains special formatting such as mentions, lists, bold, italics, quotes, and the text I am quoting is not all in the same formatting (i.e everything bold, or everything italics), the Quote button doesn’t appear.
Edit: As said by @AnotherElk just below, it happens on desktop/mobile and isn’t a problem with the browser.
Did anyone experience the same issue? Or is there a trick I don’t know?
The q shortcut doesn’t work either, it quotes the first post of the topic in any case.

Edit: Typo

5 Likes

Can confirm.
It’s not the browser and not desktop/mobile.

3 Likes

Yes, annoying problem. Is anyone willing to create a Discourse forum account and report it there? I did a rough search on that forum but didn’t find any other hits reporting the same…
It might still be related to the CSS here on our site…
EDIT: it happens in the Fairphone Original and in Fairphone-new-2017 theme…

3 Likes

Done :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Interesting thing to start the forum “in safe mode”! Didn’t know this possibility neither.
But in safe mode this problem still exists… (as you already had mentioned too).

I couldn’t see the problems with the login button partially missing. It looks ok for me:

I don’t know how to reproduce the mentioned Content Security Policy errors, but they really look strange…

Still, I don’t understand why this only happens since the latest forum update…

1 Like

You have to enter a thread, and scroll down a little, then the log in button will be cut. Heppens in safe mode as well.

Agreed, I don’t get it either…

Ok, could reproduce it now, but not in safe mode (and Edge Browser). This cropped login button may be related to the css customizations here in the forum. It’s not the only problem created by them (see problems above :face_with_raised_eyebrow:).

1 Like

Actually you are right, I tried again and couldn’t reproduce it, I must have mixed up the problems together. So probably CSS, indeed.

1 Like