Issues with the forum

I got the 2017 theme after signing up, which doesn’t look compatible with Discourse at the moment.

1 Like

When I try to pin a topic globally, I can set a date, but don’t get access to the time (I’m shown the grey “no drivethrough” road sign where the cursor is supposed to be). Is that for others, too?

Yes.
EDIT: But it doesn’t happen in “safe-mode” (https://forum.fairphone.com/safe-mode) . So it seems to be related to our forum environment…

2 Likes

Thank you for confirming. :+1: Frankly, I find this such a minor “issue” I won’t open a forum admin support ticket, not seeing much need to bother the guys with this.

1 Like

And if you need to pin a topic until a defined hour you still can temporarily change to safe-mode and do it there. :wink:

Since the update I have a problem with quoting (lightning browser on a FP2).
When I select a text the quoting option appears but the text is only marked very short time. On the second attempt the text can be marked but only one word appears in the quote!
Can anyone confirm this?

3 Likes

yes I had issues the last few days as well FP2 with Ecosia Browser…

3 Likes

Confirmed when using Firefox 93.1.0 on Lineage OS 18.1 (Android 11), not confirmed in Firefox Desktop 93.0 (Windows 8.1)…

3 Likes

Yes, same here. On my desktop (Linux Mint with Firefox 93) there’s no problem. It seems to affect mobile devices only.

3 Likes

Confirmed on latest Fennec, latest Bromite, with 2017 theme and original theme, and in safe mode.

Didn’t find any similar topic on meta, should I report and open a topic down there?

2 Likes

Yes, same here on 3 browsers.

Did anyone try it out on a FP3?

Yes, I had also search without success…

Yes, please!

Shall I open a ticket with FP forum admins?

2 Likes

That’s what I get on the FP3 (/e/OS default browser). Read: confirmed.

3 Likes

I’ve raised a ticket now.

3 Likes

The Quoting issue seems to be triggered by the newly introduced Fast Edit feature:

I’ll take a closer look at it today.

5 Likes

Disabling the Fast Edit option in the Settings doesn’t solve the Quoting issue so the only options are:

1. Upgrade to beta7 once it’s released (this means you’ll have to endure the bug for a few more weeks)
  2. Upgrade to the current tests-passed version asap (this means I can plan scheduled maintenance for this week but installing the intermediate version might introduce new bugs)

I’ll leave it up to the moderators to choose between option 1 and 2.

3 Likes

Quoting seems to work for the one formerly marked word on the first attempt, though.

So, until the bug is fixed a workaround when on mobile would be to generate the quote with one word, select the desired text again, copy it to clipboard and paste it between the quote tags in the post?

Enabling desktop view before quoting doesn’t get rid of the one word quote bug for me, just tried (Fennec F-Droid).

Any other workarounds for mobile?

1 Like

That’s exactly what I do, too. But quoting this way is not really fun. :crazy_face:

5 Likes

We’ve discussed this internally today. The CSS issues have our attention but we can’t fix them right now due to a lack of resources. I don’t have an ETA, except 2022.

4 Likes

Bug submitted on Discourse meta:

Open to suggestions for improvements :slight_smile:

Thanks, the problem report on Discourse is good - I especially like the video. :wink:
You might have linked to the already mentioned Diiscourse bug report at Introducing fast edit - #28 by seanblue - announcements - Discourse Meta, too.
But maybe it’s not necessary if the response to your topic is true: that a Discourse “rebuild” should solve the problem (maybe an interesting advice for @leomakkinje )!

1 Like