Is there a way to disable the "Idle Apps" feature?

The subject line says it all: I am looking for a way to disable the “inactive apps” feature.

I don’t know what this feature is trying to achieve, but all it does is, it’s making me look through two lists instead of one.

So is there a way to disable it or do I need to look for another launcher?

2 Likes

You can’t disable it, but you can set the time-the-app has-to-be-inactive-to-get-on-the-list longer so fewer apps get on the inactive-list.
To do so, tap on the magnifying glass and then on the spot left of where it was before you tapped on it. Now 3 dots should appear and a pop-up “you got an achievement”. Tap on the dots and set the time. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Oh wow. That is well hidden :smiley:

Thanks you! I’d still like an option to disable it altogether though.

4 Likes

If you have a rooted phone you can experiment here:

/data/data/com.fairphone.fplauncher3/shared_prefs/APP_LIFECYCLE_PREFERENCES.xml

Spielmops

3 Likes

Weird. I didn’t think this worked. I’ve never seen anything in it except once, and they disappeared after a reboot…

I have set the day-count to 150 and rebooted the phone. Gone were the inactive apps. This is knowledge that developers have and I would have been very happy, had the fairphone-developers told this …

2 Likes

How do you edit the file? Which app do you use?

Could you please explain it a little bit more detailled? My FP2 is rooted as well and I would really like to get rid of the feature.

1 Like

Total Commander is my tool but you can use Amaze as well. Tap on that file 2 seconds and chose “edit file” or tap short and chose “open with” Amaze/TotalCommander-editor. Edit and tap on save - you will get a question “change rights” and you chose “yes”. This is a free translation of my German speaking phone.

1 Like

Another file for your interest would be:

/data/data/com.android.systemui/shared_prefs
com.fairphone.clock.FAIRPHONE_CLOCK_PREFERENCES.xml

( how long do you own your phone and what is shown in the lock- screen)

I don’t think editing this file would modify anything.

Here is my current file:

<map>
    <int name="com.fairphone.clock.PREFERENCE_ACTIVE_LAYOUT" value="0" />
    <int name="com.fairphone.clock.PREFERENCE_BATTERY_LEVEL" value="75" />
    <long name="com.fairphone.clock.PREFERENCE_BATTERY_TIME_UNTIL_DISCHARGED" value="109226400" />
    <long name="com.fairphone.clock.PREFERENCE_POM_RECORD" value="20550" />
    <long name="com.fairphone.clock.PREFERENCE_YOUR_FAIRPHONE_SINCE" value="1452527286819" />
    <long name="com.fairphone.clock.PREFERENCE_POM_CURRENT" value="5" />
    <long name="com.fairphone.clock.PREFERENCE_BATTERY_TIME_UNTIL_CHARGED" value="900985" />
    <int name="com.fairphone.clock.PREFERENCE_BATTERY_STATUS" value="2" />
</map>

After activating the phone, the file changed:

<map>
    <int name="com.fairphone.clock.PREFERENCE_ACTIVE_LAYOUT" value="0" />
    <int name="com.fairphone.clock.PREFERENCE_BATTERY_LEVEL" value="76" />
    <long name="com.fairphone.clock.PREFERENCE_BATTERY_TIME_UNTIL_DISCHARGED" value="109226400" />
    <long name="com.fairphone.clock.PREFERENCE_POM_RECORD" value="20550" />
    <long name="com.fairphone.clock.PREFERENCE_YOUR_FAIRPHONE_SINCE" value="1452527286819" />
    <long name="com.fairphone.clock.PREFERENCE_POM_CURRENT" value="5" />
    <long name="com.fairphone.clock.PREFERENCE_BATTERY_TIME_UNTIL_CHARGED" value="900985" />
    <int name="com.fairphone.clock.PREFERENCE_BATTERY_STATUS" value="2" />
</map>

So I think this isn’t a config file but a temporary file updated by sort of a daemon.

I don’t have the APP_LIFECYCLE_PREFERENCES.xml file in this directory.

And the inactiv / activ thing ist not working. I only have activ apps.

Now I know why.

holo

Found out myself - shit! I’m searching for more …

This is no longer an issue with #software:android-6 as this and other #features have been removed.