Is a display module upgrade scheduled? maybe bigger 5.2-5.3 inch?

Hello nice folks!
Since my display has some scratches and damaged pixels, I was considering to buy a replacement (if they will not give me a replacement throught warranty), but, before to buy it, I was wondering if it is scheduled somewhere in the future a new display module upgrade, for example a little bit bigger, like 5.2 or 5.3 inches. I would really like to have a slighty bigger display, and I think I’m not the only one, or not? Is there anyone that knows something about?
Thank you so much!
Maicol

A bigger display module is impossible without adjusting almost all other modules, so no, that won’t happen.
And since there was just recently a slight change in the display module (new manufacturer) I don’t think any upgrade is coming soon.

1 Like

BTW, reading through this forum it seems like more users rather prefer to have smaller displays as FP2 5,1". Maybe Fairphone will try to catch those users with the FP3. This makes it more unlikely to see bigger displays in the near future.

2 Likes

At least not me, I would have preferred a smaller screen and phone. FP2 is far too big for me for daily use.

While I don’t think the FP3 will have smaller external dimensions, I think getting more screen out of the same external dimensions would be a goal worth going for. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think @Maicol_Urbinati means a bigger screen with less frame while the size of the shape is the same as it is the trend by most of the new phones that appears on the market.
Other than that would not be possible with the FP2 for sure.
That would give the FP2 a new modern look .
I would not be disapointed if FP would come up with that. =)

2 Likes

Thank you guys for your feedback, @urs_lesse and @ElKrasso are right, I was not thinking of a bigger frame but a bigger screen inside the same frame, I think there is enought space left for 0.2-0.3 more inches.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.