English

Investing in long-lasting design: Android 7 for the Fairphone 2

osupdates
blog
Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fefc11e0650> #<Tag:0x00007fefc11e04e8>

The upgrade was very smooth, thank you very much !! I didn’t need my backup files after all :slight_smile: And everything works well too !

Hello all,
Thank you for this new release.
Yet another smooth update. Well done.

Fairphone Open, smooth update, just for some layouts I have to get used to.
Thanks to the Fairphone team and the testers for your efforts.

Edit: I forgot to mention that during the installation there were 2 lines saying

E: Unknown Command

I’m so glad I can finally come out with these :smile:

Hi there!

Update went smoothly on FP Open OS for me too :smiley: .
Everything seem to work fine. Good job!

To flashlight, or not to flashlight … that is the question :mage:

Everyone who reports a successful install, please let us know if you are able to shut down the device successfully without turning the flashlight/torch on right before shutting down.

Update 17 Nov 2018: Thanks for all your responses, I think it is clear by now that the shutdown bug persists with all FP2s running Android 7 (or the latest LineageOS) with the 12MP camera module. By now, please only report if the shutdown problem does not happen to you although the aforementioned conditions are given.

:fr: Le bouton arrêt provoque un redemarrage
:fr: Questions sur le Fairphone 2

Kind of “Chinese Democracy” moment for all… :sunglasses:

nope… the phone just reboot… but shutdown with flashlight on…

Sorry to hear, but thanks for the quick clarification :+1:

On FP Open (old camera module) it was shutting down.

Firefox Klar is a privacy oriented browser by Mozilla. More important, it also brings its own browser engine. Google has started to update the browser via Google play a few years ago. That also means the old browser in Android 7.1.2 is outdated (roughly 2years old). Therefore Klar (or Focus) improves your browsing experience and security.

You’re wellcome. As long as I don’t need to do stranger things there’s no need to be sorry :wink:

FPOOS: I cannot start in TWRP to install open gapps again. play services therefore constantly crashing…

The update for Open OS isn’t even supposed to be out yet. Where did you get it?

nice. I saw the announcement, checked the updater. it said new OS available, now updated:

What doesn’t work? Starting TWRP or starting to install Open GApps?

To boot into TWRP, keep Volume Up pressed while starting or rebooting the phone until you see TWRP.

The updater offered it after rebooting my phone sometime today.

Oh oh … Fairphone support staff and the community forum better brace for torches and pitchforks :fire::man_farmer::woman_farmer::man_farmer::woman_farmer::fire: :wink:

Thanks, I am in TWRP again now. Has that changed or am I oblivious?

However, the opengapps pack appears not to work right now. ZIP signature failed. Anything I need to do differently than before?

You need to disable signature verification. :wink: