šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§ Interesting links / news articles somehow related to Fairphone

Fairphone receives ā‚¬49 million investment

Press release (PDF, 2 pages) | Source (Twitter), screenshot below

Noud Tillemans is Fairphoneā€™s CFO

2023-01-31_121531_twitter.com

13 Likes

Now Fairphone has enough money to get two or three more employees for their support! :sweat_smile:

10 Likes

Only reason for the funding is that they can afford @z3ntu :joy:. Worth every penny.

8 Likes

I think I can publicly state that Iā€™m not the sole recipient of this money :money_mouth_face::rofl:

6 Likes

https://www.androidpolice.com/fairphone-4-android-12-update/

2 Likes

Check your forumā€¦ Iā€™ve just read a recent post of someone wanting to repair their FP2ā€¦ most parts NOT available in the FP shopā€¦ the irony!

Donā€™t blame me :wink: Iā€™m just sharing an article.

1 Like

No blame hereā€¦ just a recent buyer of the product mentioned in the article stating the exact opposite of the articles contentā€¦

10 Minutes, everyone using a Smartphone should watch

4 Likes

Yes Iā€™ve seen ~ yet much like the Fairphone I wouldnā€™t recommend either to any :cry:

• Everyone ā€˜couldā€™ watch :question:
  • Most phone users are busy taking selfies :slight_smile:
  • Some people already know and donā€™t want to be reminded :see_no_evil:
  • Some Fairphone owners may look at it and feel uncomfortable :scream: :
  • A few users wish they werenā€™t consumesr where anyone and anything suffers at their expense. :om:
  • Not a single person will stop exploitation. :

:airplane: :tractor: :blue_car: :ferry: :high_heel: :accordion: :guitar: :saxophone: :radio: :dvd: :one_piece_swimsuit:

No, should is what I wanted to say, not could and you dont need to agree to that. My opion is mine, yours is yours, no need to agree.

I did get your tone, I just canā€™t sit by and agree :slight_smile:

Maybe itā€™s myEnglish interpretation and use, [shouldā€™] which is a directive, a command an authoritative control.

Context matters! Typically must is a stronger form than should, however in some circumstances, should is used as an absolute command but is simply ā€˜softerā€™ or more polite

But I see that a lot of people see ā€˜shouldā€™ as advice, but nevertheless a bit pushy.

Sadly I hate the word. Iā€™ve been told a lot of what I should and should not do.

A problem with written text is that it is black and white there is no choice, i.e. text can seem authoritative. So when I use words that can have such a ā€˜definitiveā€™ character I use quote marks to say ā€˜something like thisā€™

In speech telling someone they should do something although authoritative can be challenged and of course there can be better context and tone to moderate the meaning.

Ok, itā€™s a must-see for you then :wink: .

1 Like

Yes I had already seen it. It just re-enforced my disgust and my dreams/nightmares.

Ignorance is bliss, and if you have lost ignorance there are always ways to loose your mind for a while :slight_smile:

I will keep the link so I can torture my friends when they become a little to easy going.

Itā€™s not quite as bad as showing non vegans abattoir work :see_no_evil:

Was buying another phone and saw this chart, thought I share it here:

Itā€™s from galaxus.

6 Likes

Posted on Instagram apparently around 14:00 Amsterdam time on 10 May, so Iā€™d expect the announcement on thursday around noon:

I guess many here will have an idea what this might be ā€¦ :notes:

5 Likes

You mean over the ear headphone, your notes jogged my memory ~ I remember reading some such . .

1 Like

Itā€™s basically official now. The shop.fairphone.com now has a ā€œFairbuds XLā€ category and already offers the first accessory for it:

P.S.: Definitely still needs a length specification. :wink:

7 Likes

Itā€™s confirmed indeed: https://www.instagram.com/reel/CsGUvVUACQe/

1.5m :slight_smile:

1 Like