Installing from scratch is not scratchy enough

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

@Stanzi I honestly didn’t believe you that installing Ubuntu Touch can fix anything but I am here to tell you that I was wrong. I have tried basically everything that I could think of to get the sensors working on a FP2 of mine (flashing all kinds of systems with all partitions and everything) and literally nothing helped.
As it was a device in daily use I couldn’t experiment a lot with it, but today I finally backed up everything, flashed Ubuntu Touch with the ubports installer and immediately the rotation worked in Ubuntu Touch. Flashing back Android (fp2-gms-21.01.0-rel.1-manual) and the sensors in Android work again as well…
The only reasonable explanation I can think of is that something on the persist partition (mounted at /persist in Android) had some problem or whatever and that magically gets fixed by Ubuntu Touch for some reason. But I don’t have any actual evidence of that.
Thanks… :smiley:

p.s. Ubuntu Touch feels remarkably nice on the FP2 - smoother than the Android 9 GMS build :wink:

5 Likes

^^
I would never lie to you :kissing_heart:

4 Likes