Install /e/ on a Fairphone FP4 - “FP4” (beta)

Using the /e/ camera app, I was able to switch cameras to wide angle using the camera icon with the “+” sign near the zoom slider. Since it kind of overlaps with the slider, it is easy to miss when tapping on it (and change zoom instead)

1 Like

you’re right, but the quality is poor.
normally i use the wichaya gcam port, but for wide angle would it be nice to have it…

anyhow, it is not that important for me. i am not the photographer :wink:

1 Like

Anyway, it would be nice if the /e/ camera app could be improved in the near future…

1 Like

I’m very pleased with my posteo account

2 Likes

has any of you had any success installing Magisk on /e/? when I try to use the Magisk app to patch the boot.img that comes with /e/, it crashes immediately.

Discussed here I think

Edit: and here

4 Likes

thanks! I didn’t notice that.

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words. It is off-topic here, I know, but living in Switzerland, my wife works in an institution with mentally handicapped people. About 2 years ago, the local police showed up, because they were informed by US FBI that someone in the institution was accessing dubious web pages. This is no legend, it really happened. I really do not approve dubious web pages, but this shows how things are working today…

Edit: “dubios” actually means illegal

you are absolutely right and it is a must and not optional.
but it must not take you over completely
anything is better than nothing. even the longest journey begins with the first step

3 Likes

Thanks to you! I was falling in desperation, but I remebered your post and it save me.

1 Like

can you /e/-ers check if NFC works for you? I’ve noticed that I don’t have a way of enabling it.

I saw your comment also in /e/ community

I can enable NFC and read a NFC tag I use for “Automation” app.
I can also write NFC tags with that app.
So, for me and my requirements it is working well…

No other possibilities to check it. No Paying apps, etc…google pay or apple pay…
or is there another chance to test?

this is what I get in the settings, so I doubt testing with any apps would make any difference. tapping my NFC tag or NFC-enabled headphones doesn’t do anything.

edit: sometimes it looks like this, after the reboot. can’t press the toggle.

I’m using a modified boot.img to enable Magisk, I wonder if that could have something to do with it. I guess it’s something to test for another day.

mine looks everytime as your second screenshot. No modified image no magisk

I assume you can toggle it on, though, since it’s working for you? the greyed out button on my screenshot doesn’t do anything when pressed.

yes i can

Hello
Is the rear/ back cover sitting properly? That is the nfc module/ antenna.
Also check the contacts. Maybe clean them with alcohol.

1 Like

Hello everybody. I want to use my first post in this forum to tell about my experience with /e/ OS on my Fairphone 4. Installation was very simple without any issues.

Battery life is significantly increased because of missing Google services.

System runs fast and stable.

Netflix and Disney+ doesn’t work. I guess it is related to MicroG, I’m not sure.

I’m very happy. Fairphone 4 and /e/ OS is an awesome combination.

6 Likes

Hello and welcome,
killing the data octopus and use Netflix & Disney is also awesome :laughing:
But if you are happy everything is fine :beers:

I know it’s a contradiction, but hey Star Trek is on Netflix :sweat_smile:

4 Likes