🇬🇧 🇫🇷 Impossible to use YouTube (FP3)

Hi everyone,

I tried to use YouTube app with my FP3. However, when I launched a video, it didn’t work. The advert is blocked on the first second and nothing more…

EDIT : any other video from any app or website works. Every time the video is blocked on the first picture and that’s all. I also have any song anymore which goes out of the phone, unfortunately…

Do you have any idea how to solve this ?

Kind regards.

Hi,

have you tried another video?

Otherwise, go to Settings > Apps > YouTube > Memory and delete the Cache. Good luck!

Hi and thank you for helping !
Yes, all videos don’t work. I tried what you proposed but unfortunately it didn’t work. I have already reset the phone but it didn’t solve it :confused:

Have a look at NewPipe. It’s a YouTube app with a built-in ad blocker and it can play audio while your phone is locked plus it needs way less permissions :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi and thank you for the answer.
In fact, I figured out that any video work with this phone. Not only YouTube, but any other app (or even add) would work. They do not even start and stay on the first picture… So your app do not work as well, unfortunately.
I also found that my phone do not produce any song anymore (no rings). It way be linked ?
I changed the name of the topic to match this new situation

Time to contact support I guess … https://support.fairphone.com/hc/en-us

You’re right thank you, I will do that !