I'm mistakenly silenced, what can I do?

Thank you, paulakreuzer from a fellow vegan. :smile: I was unable to use my account for several weeks due to it being put on hold for no reason or explanation - so am only replying to you now.

1 Like

That’s strange.

I can see in the admin view of your profile that the system automatically silenced your account because you “typed too fast” - that usually is a measure against bots that don’t actually type their posts, but it often also catches people who translate their posts from a different language, who draft their posts beforehand or who just actually type fast.

Anyway that post (apparently from June 28th) should have simply appeared in the approval queue for moderators and then manually be accepted.

Thankfully @Monica.Ciovica unsilenced you. :+1:
We can always use more #vegan people on the forum. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I think your "typed too fast” explanation might be the one. I sometimes type posts out in a text editor and cut and paste when I go online later. That could be the reason. It was very disheartening that forum-admin@fairphone.com never replied to my email about the issue (I emailed another Fairphone support email address to get the ball rolling). Thank you @Monica.Ciovica for sorting this out. Us #vegan folk are few but our numbers are growing. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I assume you could have summoned the forum moderators via pm becaus according to @paulakreuzer you were “only” silenced

and in discourse forum at

I find that silenced users con pm moderators…
So in case it might happen again, just call us… :wink:

5 Likes

Hi Volker. I was unable to PM any mod as no option was available (not that I could see any that is). The thing that began fixing this was when I emailed support@fairphone.zendesk.com. Those guys were very helpful. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I assume you could have summoned the forum moderators via pm becaus according to @paulakreuzer you were “only” silenced

Actually, I notice that I still see no way to message anyone on this site. Or am I missing something obvious? BTW - can others here be befriended/followed? Thanks.

I bumped your trust level to 1, now you should be able to send PMs.

New users - until they spent some time on the forum - can’t send PMs. That is to avoid spam by bots.
But if new users silenced after their first attempt to post can’t even send PMs to moderators that’s a problem.

@Volker didn’t you once have some test accounts. Could you set one to trust level 0 and silenced and see what happens? Also shouldn’t a user who is silenced get an automatic PM that explains what they can do?

3 Likes

A silenced user gets a pm instructing what’s the matter and linking to staff members. A trust level 0 user must read some posts and topics until that user reaches trust level 1 and can send pm to moderators and admins then.

3 Likes

So I see two ways to avoid this situation in the future:

1. give trust lv 0 users the ability to PM moderators, but only moderators
  2. edit the automatic PM to silenced users to let them know they have to browse the forum for a while until they can PM moderators

@Monica.Ciovica or @anon83519835 would one of these be possible?

5 Likes

Cheers, @paulakreuzer. I can now sends messages. :slight_smile:

The problem was that nobody reviewed my situation (it stated in the PM: “… until a staff member reviews your most recent posts…”) and I could not PM any mods. I was in limbo.

1 Like

That sounds good. :+1:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.